Page 1 of 3
Do you dig 'em? I've been to a few really nice ones over the summer and I'm going to one of the biggest ones ever thrown in the state tomorrow night, and just let me say it has to be one of the greatest experiences a person can experience, and integral part of life. Have you guys been to a rave? What did you think about it?
Quote by boreamor
Crowded space, lots of people, loud music, flashing lights and a general stereotype I don't associate with.

Love 'em.

Ah c'mon that makes it sound like a show. A show can have electronic music and still not be a rave. A rave isn't a show, its much more than a musical experience.
Quote by EnemyWolf
Ah c'mon that makes it sound like a show. A rave isn't a show, its much more than a musical experience.

I'll be honest, I'm holding judgement until I've experienced a proper one. The closest I've got to was a local "young peoples bar" playing club music, with lights and stuff. Got very close to a club environment really. I keep hearing they're really good. Then again, those people couldn't really be associated with the Rock Music scene.

What are they like? Are they like the whole drug infested, *****monging stereotypes?
I once had an impromptu "rave" in an elevator in science museum in Connecticut. It was really just me, my lady, and a few friends humping eachother and any strangers that were unlucky enough to get in while I played a techno ringtone on my phone. We got kicked out after a few hours and they never want us to come back. It was fun.

But I've never been to a real rave.
Quote by boreamor
I'll be honest, I'm holding judgement until I've experienced a proper one. The closest I've got to was a local "young peoples bar" playing club music, with lights and stuff. Got very close to a club environment really. I keep hearing they're really good. Then again, those people couldn't really be associated with the Rock Music scene.

What are they like? Are they like the whole drug infested, *****monging stereotypes?

No not at all, at least the ones I go to. I guess it depends on the venue, but the ones I go to are more like electronic music parties than anything else. There is like 500 people in a huge complex made up of about 10 rooms, with two DJs, one on each end. There is always a dress theme, a random movie playing on the wall, fire dancers, fire eaters, professional artists that paint on the walls to the music, so it just makes for an unbelievable environment unlike anything you can imagine or experience anywhere else.

EDIT: And you just go out and dance for 10 hours however you want and come away feeling on a whole new level of oneness with the universe. Awesome
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Aug 6, 2010,
Quote by EnemyWolf
No not at all, at least the ones I go to. I guess it depends on the venue, but the ones I go to are more like electronic music parties than anything else. There is like 500 people in a huge complex made up of about 10 rooms, with two DJs, one on each end. There is always a dress theme, a random movie playing on the wall, fire dancers, fire eaters, professional artists that paint on the walls to the music, so it just makes for an unbelievable environment unlike anything you can imagine or experience anywhere else.

EDIT: And you just go out and dance for 10 hours however you want and come away feeling on a whole new level of oneness with the universe. Awesome

That reallllyyy sounds quite awesome!
Is this aforementioned 'rave' the same or different to what is known as a 'doof'?

Not sure if I spelled that right...
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
how does rave music sound like btw?

is it like
thun thun thun thun thuna thuna thun thun thuna

or like

thun bum bum thun bum bum thuna thuna thuna thun bum bum thum bum bum
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Quote by Solarstar101

is it like

or like

I too would like to hear this music of the rave.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Solarstar101

is it like

or like

Depends what you mean by "rave music" really... I don't know what it would be nowadays but The Prodigy were successful initially because of their huge involvement with Rave culture... so their earlier albums would be a good place to start.

Edit: Actually... just listen to Fat Of The Land.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Aug 6, 2010,
Quote by EnemyWolf

You know, I just go outside to get that feeling.

It's free and won't give me headaches or siezures.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
pleasebeinb4sexonE
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Depends what you mean by "rave music" really... I don't know what it would be nowadays but both The Prodigy were successful initially because of their huge involvement with Rave culture... so their earlier albums would be a good place to start.

o my i have heard some of the prodigy's early work
so thats sorta what they mean by rave music huh?

hmm
meh not bad
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Quote by Solarstar101
o my i have heard some of the prodigy's early work
so thats sorta what they mean by rave music huh?

hmm
meh not bad

Not entirely true. They evolved from the Rave scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BG8KlLjWlI

This is generally what it is now.

I will now play for you the music of my people.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by angusfan16
hm...i kind of like it.

To be honest, I couldn't stand listening to this at home. But out drinking with friends and it's in the background, it's not the music you care about but the energy and groove. That's why it's a simple 4/4 beat with a "donk" on every beat. Everyone can groove to that. It's normally heavy bass too.

What I would love is going to a Dubstep club. My God that would rock my ear drums.
Quote by boreamor
To be honest, I couldn't stand listening to this at home. But out drinking with friends and it's in the background, it's not the music you care about but the energy and groove. That's why it's a simple 4/4 beat with a "donk" on every beat. Everyone can groove to that. It's normally heavy bass too.

What I would love is going to a Dubstep club. My God that would rock my ear drums.

Yeah i don't think i could listen to for the next hour, but in a crowd it'd probably feel and sound pretty awesome.

I've never listened to dubstep either. I feel so...uncool
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 6, 2010,
unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce
kill all humans
ITT: People that think all dance music is the same. Protip: It's just as varied a genre as rock

SHEdit: ^Thank you for proving my point.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I didn't even know they still existed.

anyway, I get motion sickness too easily to ever go to one.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 6, 2010,
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
I once had an impromptu "rave" in an elevator in science museum in Connecticut. It was really just me, my lady, and a few friends humping eachother and any strangers that were unlucky enough to get in while I played a techno ringtone on my phone. We got kicked out after a few hours and they never want us to come back. It was fun.

But I've never been to a real rave.

There's a difference between raving and being a douchebag.
Quote by SteveHouse
ITT: People that think all dance music is the same. Protip: It's just as varied a genre as rock

SHEdit: ^Thank you for proving my point.

I know it's not all the same. I've just never really listened to it much.
Sail upon the open skies
I had never heard dubstep until this thread happened, and I just went and listened to it. I honestly would be afraid of listening to it so loud. Legitimately afraid that my lungs would collapse because the frighteningly stupidly massively insane amount of bass. I played it relatively quietly and it fucked my skull.

Really cool, though and I now appreciate dance music a little more. Going to a Dubstep club would be quite an experience. I learned something tonight.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by EnemyWolf

That actually sounds pretty awesome, I want to go to one now.
I always get lost and throw up on ecstasy, so I don't really like raves all that much.
hah good to see all the negative response in this thread :P

I rave a lot actually, I'll go out to an EDM (electronic dance music) club or a rave every weekend. its really fun, but its not for everyone. the people are usually really cool and friendly, unless they've taken way more than they should, which gets annoying. and the music, if you really enjoy it, is amazing in context with the lights, and dancing.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
^Dallas I see? What genres you into?
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I always get lost and throw up on ecstasy, so I don't really like raves all that much.
THEN DONT FKN ROLL

It's not that hard. If you think you need drugs to enjoy dance music you're doing it wrong.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Sadly the clubs I go to just play chart music, no mixing or anything. I would love to go to a club that has a great DJ and some good dance music
Last edited by Duffman123 at Aug 6, 2010,
Quote by SteveHouse
^Dallas I see? What genres you into?

THEN DONT FKN ROLL

It's not that hard. If you think you need drugs to enjoy dance music you're doing it wrong.

Pretty much.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Whoa, this is so awesome. 0.o
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 6, 2010,
Page 1 of 3