Evenin' kids...

As the title states, I'll be auditioning for my desired college's music department middle of next year (gonna be a sr in highschool this year) and would like some song recomendations, blues, jazz, or classical (what you'd expect college's to hear)

A little background on my music ability

Skill: I'd say intermediate, I can handle just about anything but soloing......I've been working on improv over back tracks and speed building lately. I don't experiment a whole lot with Jazz, but definetley would love to go deeper into it. I know the 5 minor pentatonic scale patterns and 7 Modes

Knowlege of Theory: I know very basic, like what creates music, flats/sharps, circle of 5ths, key, am studying more on my own

Reading Music: Learning how to for the first time....

Favorite Jazz Guitarists: Pat Metheny, Wes Montgomery, Django Reinhardt, Larry Carlton

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
Last edited by MetalMike676 at Aug 6, 2010,
Yeah I would agree with Jeff Beck... Either cause we've ended as lovers or Over the Rainbow cause its recognisable and a classic.
Or if you're looking to show some rhythm stuff as an intermediate player do Sweet Home Chicago, or anything for that matter by Robert Johnson. He really knew his stuff as a Blues player, if you can play it all the notes he played it with then you aint doin bad for yourself
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win