What are your guys opinions on this bass I played it today at Sam ash and fell in love with it?
I'm a fan of Danelectro things.

Just buy used, please.

Don't give that **** more money with which to hate.
Who said I was getting it new? I'm planning on buying one used I just want to know what some peoples opinions are on it.
Lets keep this to the bass itself OK? Danos for the price are great basses. A good friend has an original Longhorn and I love the sound. You should be able to get a very decent price on a reissue since they quite inexpensive, even new.
if you have already played it and fallen in love what could anyone say to sway you?
Actually, this thread raises a similar question from me.

I saw this Danelectro 63 Long Scale bass, never heard of the brand before. What are they like? I ask because the bass was cheap as NZ$599 - around US$250-300.
There was once a wise Chinese man who said:

"All you can eat, $12.50"
Quote by abwell
if you have already played it and fallen in love what could anyone say to sway you?

Good point haha and yeah I love the tone,weight,feel, shape just everything about it I liked. I found one new actually in this one local guitar store for $250, sound like a reasonable price?
Quote by Spaz91
They sound really nice for the price but GOD DAMN they are ugly. The only one I can just about stomach is the Longhorn in a black finish.

This.
Quote by Spaz91
They sound really nice for the price but GOD DAMN they are ugly. The only one I can just about stomach is the Longhorn in a black finish.

Call me crazy but thats one of the reasons I like them they are so just weird looking.
They do look like something went wrong in the production process, but I guess you like the unique look. I, on the other hand, feel like stabbing my eyes out with a rusty nail whenever I see one.
Ugly b*stards.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom