Page 1 of 2
Okay, so I was playing my Bugera at a crazy low volume in my room. I didnt have my light on, and it's getting kinda dark and this is probably the only reason I noticed this.

But after about I don't know, five minutes of playing? One of the inner tubes got REALLY bright white, and the amp popped and won't turn back on.

So... What the hell just happened?
Obvious answer: I just blew my tubes.
IDFK HOW.
I didn't even know that was possible D:

Help please?
Yeahh they tend to do that...

But yeah the stock tubes in those tend to go quite fast thats probably the problem.
Fuse?
If it wont turn back on
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
^ Amps don't blow fuses without a reason. I'd get it examined before just slamming a new fuse in it and happily jamming away.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Bugeras tend to do that.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
thats what happens when you buy bugera, spend the extra few bucks, get vox or marshall, my personal faves
Quote by seemeel
Bugeras tend to do that.

Oh, yeah.

Thanks for the advice bro.

I'll go buy a real 6505+ now, instead of fixing the budget amp I bought (with all this great advice for fixing it I got from all of you) because I have such an awesome income.

>.<

Anyways, so I should just go get it checked out by a local shop or whatever?
Quote by TheDefected
That was my second thought.
But why would the tubes get like crazy bright if it was the fuse?

I'm so lost.

Actually the opposite happened, the fuse blew because of the tube going crazy.
You need new tubes and a new fuse
The tube went short for a moment and the fuse blew.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Looks like a blown tube. Solution: Retube, rebias, and get a new fuse. Much cheaper. One of the pitfalls of owning a tube amp is that this kind of thing tends to happen every once in a while.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Looks like a blown tube. Solution: Retube, rebias, and get a new fuse. Much cheaper. One of the pitfalls of owning a tube amp is that this kind of thing tends to happen every once in a while.

yeah, I'm aware.
This is obviously my first tube amp.

And I kinda panicked, haha.

RIP Bugera.

If you're lucky, it was just a bad tube. As stated above, new tubes and a fuse could very well be the solution.

Out of curiousity, what kind of Bugera was it?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44

RIP Bugera.

If you're lucky, it was just a bad tube. As stated above, new tubes and a fuse could very well be the solution.

Out of curiousity, what kind of Bugera was it?

A 333xl. My baby (:
Quote by TheDefected
A 333xl. My baby (:

At least it wasn't a 6262.

Yeah still sucks, man. I'm a sucker for a Bugera. I love the things. All of them.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by seemeel
Bugeras tend to do that.

Quote by evan-simpson22
thats what happens when you buy bugera, spend the extra few bucks, get vox or marshall, my personal faves

LOL!!! you guys kill me!!!! Yeah, the tubes went because it was a Bugera. Like that doesn't happen to Marshall, Vox or any other tube amp.

Dude, with the Hundreds of dollars you saved on that amp, get you a new set of tubes, a bias probe and a new fuse, and a new guitar, and a bunch of strings and...and...and..
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by Vinson
LOL!!! you guys kill me!!!! Yeah, the tubes went because it was a Bugera. Like that doesn't happen to Marshall, Vox or any other tube amp.

Dude, with the Hundreds of dollars you saved on that amp, get you a new set of tubes, a bias probe and a new fuse, and a new guitar, and a bunch of strings and...and...and..

Do you click on every Bugera thread just so you can come in here and post about how great they are? We get it. You're a fan. The tubes Bugera put in their amps are crap. Fact. The stock power tubes lasted 3 years with moderate gigging in my Fender DeVille and that was one of the most unreliable amps ever.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Do you click on every Bugera thread just so you can come in here and post about how great they are? We get it. You're a fan. The tubes Bugera put in their amps are crap. Fact. The stock power tubes lasted 3 years with moderate gigging in my Fender DeVille and that was one of the most unreliable amps ever.

Not gonna lie the reason I clicked on this was because I KNEW Angus was gonna say some smart remark. I'm not gonna fuel this whole hate thing, but like seriously, come on. Everyone keep to your own
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by zeminion
Not gonna lie the reason I clicked on this was because I KNEW Angus was gonna say some smart remark. I'm not gonna fuel this whole hate thing, but like seriously, come on. Everyone keep to your own

It was a joke get over it.
LOL
Quote by mmolteratx
Do you click on every Bugera thread just so you can come in here and post about how great they are? We get it. You're a fan.
He was just commenting on the haters. Since the hate has been especially strong lately, that's pretty understandable.
The tubes Bugera put in their amps are crap. Fact. The stock power tubes lasted 3 years with moderate gigging in my Fender DeVille and that was one of the most unreliable amps ever.
Yes, the stock tubes are crap. But they are covered by warranty. Unless you're completely unwilling to put in a little extra effort for your amp, that makes the tube issue moot.

Now can we end the Bugera hate in this thread, please? I don't think it's particularly helpful for the OP.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Guitarbaddie
I was grinning before I clicked on the thread

v.v

I love my amp...

Why is there so much hate for it? For a low budget tube amp, I thought it was great.
D:

Oh, another nub question.
Power tubes, preamp tubes, or all of them, to be replaced?
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by TheDefected
v.v

I love my amp...

Why is there so much hate for it? For a low budget tube amp, I thought it was great.
D:

I'm not hating on Bugera, in fact, I love them.

I just knew the moment I clicked on the thread I would get some lulz from the Bugera bashing.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
I'm not hating on Bugera, in fact, I love them.

I just knew the moment I clicked on the thread I would get some lulz from the Bugera bashing.

Lol, alright.
Good deal.

So anyways...

Again, still not knowing if I should replace the preamp tubes along with the power tubes.
:/
Quote by TheDefected
v.v

I love my amp...

D:

Nah, just power tubes. In fact, since you're probably on a budget, I'm gonna recommend you run on two power tubes. If you halve the impedance you can run on the two outer or two inner power tubes.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by TheDefected
Lol, alright.
Good deal.

So anyways...

Again, still not knowing if I should replace the preamp tubes along with the power tubes.
:/

Well if all the stock tubes are poo in the Bugera's then it's probably a good idea to replace all teh t00bz

yawn night UG
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by TheDefected
v.v

I love my amp...

D:

Power tubes is what is necessary. New preamp tubes might improve your tone, though you don't really need to swap them. It's nice to have a big box o' t00bs lying around though, so you can try different ones and see what you like. Preamp tubes aren't all that expensive, either.
As mentioned, just replace power tubes. While your at it, you might look at going to a different tube as well, Like a 6L6GC for more low end, or a KT77 to get somewhere between a 6L6 and EL34.

Oh yeah, the tubes are the weak spot of most all tube amps. have them correctly biased and you should be fine for a good while. Bias them cold, and they will last a little longer (Bugeras seem to come with 6L6s running cold, and EL34s running hot) Use a proper probe, NOT the RCA jack that the amp comes with!!!

Some Bugeras have been known to run for 4 years of HEAVY gigging before loosing a tube...some not so much...Tubes are inconsistent, and delicate things.

Quote by mmolteratx

Actually, I didn't say anything about how great they are (come to think of it, they ARE great aren't they ;-) ) Just to dispel illogical posts of these amps being less than reliable. Some people don't have the cash for a Splawn or a Mesa...they deserve good advice as well as those who can.
I just don't understand the hate. Just cuz you paid too much doesn't mean everyone else has to ;-)
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Last edited by Vinson at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by Vinson
As mentioned, just replace power tubes. While your at it, you might look at going to a different tube as well, Like a 6L6GC for more low end, or a KT77 to get somewhere between a 6L6 and EL34.

Oh yeah, the tubes are the weak spot of most all tube amps. have them correctly biased and you should be fine for a good while. Bias them cold, and they will last a little longer (Bugeras seem to come with 6L6s running cold, and EL34s running hot) Use a proper probe, NOT the RCA jack that the amp comes with!!!

Some Bugeras have been known to run for 4 years of HEAVY gigging before loosing a tube...some not so much...Tubes are inconsistent, and delicate things.

Actually, I didn't say anything about how great they are (come to think of it, they ARE great aren't they ;-) ) Just to dispel illogical posts of these amps being less than reliable. Some people don't have the cash for a Splawn or a Mesa...they deserve good advice as well as those who can.
I just don't understand the hate. Just cuz you paid too much doesn't mean everyone else has to ;-)

Not everyone who rips on bugera have paid big bucks for there amp. My peavey ultra 212 that i love cost me over 100 less than a bugera combo on the used market.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Not everyone who rips on bugera have paid big bucks for there amp. My peavey ultra 212 that i love cost me over 100 less than a bugera combo on the used market.
One, that's a used amp. Two, not every country has a decent used market.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by TheDefected
That was my second thought.
But why would the tubes get like crazy bright if it was the fuse?

I'm so lost.

know what happens when super high power goes into tiny wires of tungsten? they get bright, that tube you had is most probably blown, i'd take it to a tech and explain the situation, a new fuse might be needed, and a new tube.
Quote by JayT44
At least it wasn't a 6262.

Yeah still sucks, man. I'm a sucker for a Bugera. I love the things. All of them.

whats wrong with 6262's?

I love mine
I don't like Bugera amps because the Marshall and Vox clones are horrible and all of them are made cheaply enough that it'd have to be ~$150 before I'd even consider picking one up.

Other people are free to buy them, but I'll still laugh when they break. It's like watching a fat guy fall down the stairs.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Other people are free to buy them, but I'll still laugh when they break. It's like watching a fat guy fall down the stairs.
The OP's amp didn't break, though.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
The OP's amp didn't break, though.

Doesn't matter, still funny!

It'd be just as funny if his Mesa or something blew its tubes and he was freaking, but it being a Bugera just makes it funnier.

Page 1 of 2