So i'm getting a Vox VT50 in a few weeks, which will be first decent amp I've ever had (I still have a 20watt squier amp).

And because it's valve, my dad was telling me you have to be really careful with them and shit but i dont really know how.

Can anyone help me out with how to keep my VT50 in good condish?
Quote by voodoochild23
The Pit is one of the most brutally honest places in the universe.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
I demand the nigga nyigguh nukka.

Last edited by funky-flopper at Aug 6, 2010,
It only has one valve, which is split between pre-amp and power amp. From what I've heard, it's like 0.5w for each section. But to my ear, it does have some quality that others amp of the same price don't have. Maybe it's just the amp, maybe the tube helps, I do not know.

But if you're wondering how to take care of you amp, just don't throw it around, etc. It's not actually that hard oO. You'll probably never change the tube in there.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by funky-flopper
So i'm getting a Vox VT50 in a few weeks, which will be first decent amp I've ever had (I still have a 20watt squier amp).

And because it's valve, my dad was telling me you have to be really careful with them and shit but i dont really know how.

Can anyone help me out with how to keep my VT50 in good condish?

you have a 12AX7 in the preamp. this tube is pretty robust and doesn't need much special care. tubes are more robust in general than people believe anyway. still, with any electronics or equipment, excessive heat or cold, water, damp environments, avoid storing in direct sunlight, etc.

if you need to replace or troubleshoot the tube then a replacement is about as easy as replacing a lightbulb. they cost about 8 to 20 USD a piece, so they aren't rare or expensive either.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
If you really wanna take care of it, read the first page of your Owner's manual. Problem solved :P.

As robust as it is facing currents, tubes aren't robust physically. It's like a light bulb, drop it on the ground and the filament will break. Avoid shaking it and bumping it around.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I have the 30w, fantastic little amp. If you're not gigging you may aswell save some money and get the 30/15.

It has a 12AX7 in the power amp circuit, which does give it a little something over its competitors, but it still gets most of its tone from solid state circuits. Just don't throw it around and it'l be fine.

Also, it has a power attenuator on the back which can reduce/increase the wattage between like 0.2W and 50W which is always useful.
Don’t leave it anywhere that liquids might spill into those brilliantly placed vents. And don’t beat it up the way teenage guys do with just about everything. Those amps have a really huge circuit inside with hundreds of parts and if you knock one loose you’re going to need a new amp.