hello everyone! my friend has this old epiphone semi-hollowbody, it needs some repairs and i was wondering what year do you guys think it is or if its even a real epiphone and if its worth fixing. it has some peculiar looking pickups.

thanks!

here are some pics hopefully this attachment thing worked
Attachments:
Image0486.jpg
Image0487.jpg
Image0488.jpg
Does it have any sort of serial number?
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
I'm gonna say It's a epiphone dot. But I'm probably wrong
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
i think its an epiphone dot im probably wrong
and yes its worth it but then again im the guy that picks up broken guitars from everywhere and anywhere and nurse them back to health
no serial numbers of anykind, what do you guys think of its pickups though? i've never seen any like them!
Quote by marshmellow666
no serial numbers of anykind, what do you guys think of its pickups though? i've never seen any like them!

Hell, i would nurse it back together jsut because of what it looks like, call it your own, be unique
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Definitely NOT a Dot or anything close to one... it's definitely vintage, I'll bet '60s or '70s. I say get that thing to a local shop and have them look at it.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it. Good luck! Not gonna lie though, I've never seen pickups quite like those before. Looks cool!
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Last edited by MortifiedLizard at Aug 7, 2010,