SHORTS STORY
Dont get me wrong i love punk, but i never had high standards for a punk singer.
Just recently my mates decided to start a pop-punk party band. They said they wanted a singer who had a real "ugly voice". Now im no singer, im a guitarist, but i thought why not give it a try, I can do a sweet Tim Armstrong kinda voice.
They said they didnt want me and didnt give me any reason why not. As these guys were my mates this shits me to no end .
So HERES THE QUESTION what do you look for for a punk singer?
A shitty voice with enthusiasm, or image, or just enthusiasm or even just a shitty voice?
Cheers
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Confidence, authenticity and for them to be my best friend and not mind maybe spooning every once in a while.
Im expecting big things from this....damn i wish i could express sarcasm on the internet
Quote by neidnarb11890
Off-key shouting
Blood
Peanut butter
Big dick

In that order.

It sounds like you may be interested in.....

Seriously, has anyone other than me seen that picture of his dick? It's really big.

EDIT: If I'm being serious, I'll throw out a few tortured. I like my punk singers to sound:
gay (ala Lou Reed, at the beginning of Gimme Some Good Times)
tortured (Richard Hell, Patti Smith)
seductive (I can't think of a good enough example, but I know what I mean, and that's what matters)
drugged (Johnny Thunders).
DOWN&OUT
Last edited by Jett Diamond at Aug 6, 2010,
I always partially thought he would have cut it off on stage or something.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by JakkyLeMatt
SHORTS STORY

There was a severe lack of any shorts in your story
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
UP THE PUNX!!!!!
energetic and gets the crowd going.
Decent lyrics and vocals here and there would be handy.
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
Grit, Energy, good lyrics,the ability to use their vocals as a melodic instrument
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Hank has some weird tattoos.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!