But it is. For the past few months I have had trouble falling asleep. I'm really feeling the effects. What are some ways to help get my 8 hour snooze?

Methods that don't require meds is what I'm looking for but you can put them up if you want to.
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Masturbate. Get a job.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Melatonin is a vitamin type thing I've been taking recently. Its not a sleeping pill per se, but it does help regulate sleep cycles and it usually puts me to bed. It perfectly healthy but dont do it for more than like 2-3 months or itll be habit-forming.

A couple or more beers can help to, especially in combo with sleep stuff.

And last but not least, plug in the headphones and drift off to something like Porcupine Tree or maybe Godspeed You! or ambient electronic music.

Hope that helps :/
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by sandyman323
a regular sleep schedule, exercise during the day

Can't emphasise these enough, I have neither at the minute and it's really messing with me; it's currently 4:50am where I am.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
A consistent getting ready for bed routine.
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by RockGuitar92
Masturbate. Get a job.

Fapping doesn't help. In fact it just makes me more awake. I have and still applying places so I'm not being lazy about it
Quote by Gman400
Melatonin is a vitamin type thing I've been taking recently. Its not a sleeping pill per se, but it does help regulate sleep cycles and it usually puts me to bed. It perfectly healthy but dont do it for more than like 2-3 months or itll be habit-forming.

And last but not least, plug in the headphones and drift off to something like Porcupine Tree or maybe Godspeed You! or ambient electronic music.

So can you buy melatonin at like walmart or something?
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Toke up before you go to bed.

It will really work, but it's obviously a problem if you can't, or don't want to start smoking weed.

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
Quote by Hellomeitsme
Toke up before you go to bed.

It will really work, but it's obviously a problem if you can't, or don't want to start smoking weed.

It's more of a problem if you end up finding you can't sleep without it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Gman400

I have no idea how you could sleep to something as intense as Porcupine Tree or especially Godspeed, but ambient stuff usually helps me. Eluvium, some Brian Eno, Good Weather for an Airstrike (http://www.myspace.com/gwfaa) are all good. That's all I really know about it, as I'm suffering from the same thing kinda.
Quote by Gman400

If by sleep stuff, you mean sleeping pills, it's inadvisable to take them with alcohol.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by FishStik
This does not work.

Works for me. I used to rarely sleep during the summertime but now that I have a job I sleep at least 8 hours just about every night.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Exercise is the most natural way. Go for a good jog in the morning, and a little bit before you go to bed and you'll be set.
Quote by lespaul#1
If by sleep stuff, you mean sleeping pills, it's inadvisable to take them with alcohol.

Ya I didn't really think about that when I said it...so not recommended but it works for me

and ya Melatonin will be at any pharmacy or whatever.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!