I went to an instrument shop today, and saw a Squier Bullet Stratocaster with a whammy bar, a humbucker and two single coils. I thought the Bullet Strats had three single coils and no humbucker?

EDIT: I found it, is it any better than a normal Bullet strat? Would it sound better with the humbucker?

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0310005580
Last edited by G3ck0 at Aug 7, 2010,
It's a new model for 2010.

Edit: as for quality, I can't really vouch, but I'd assume it's the same as any other Bullet, only with a humbucker. So... pretty typical beginner's Strat copy quality.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Last edited by travislausch at Aug 7, 2010,
Would the humbucker make it sound any better? Cause I would mainly want to play rock music with it, and worry that that music wouldn't sound good with single coils, compared to an Epiphone Les Paul Special II.
Quote by G3ck0
Would the humbucker make it sound any better? Cause I would mainly want to play rock music with it, and worry that that music wouldn't sound good with single coils, compared to an Epiphone Les Paul Special II.

doubt it!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by G3ck0

Better? Meh, probably not. More appropriate for humbucker-suited tones? Absolutely.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
So you're saying that it wouldn't sound bad compared to a Special II for, say, Green Day? (which is what I mainly want to play at the moment)
yes, humbuckers will make it sound much better, single coils feed back like a bitch humbuckers fix much of that especially if you have any desire at all to use distortion. Since Slipknot and a few others have modded fenders to have humbuckers fender (squire) has been trying to make metal guitars. I would go with whichever guitar you think feels better and sounds better, its all up to you
sounds cool to me, i suppose you would get a heavier or thrashier sound. i got a fender with one humbucker . amazing sound. but - its only suited for heavy sound.
I have one, it does the job, nothing fancy :P
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy