my guitars truss rod is all messed up and i need my guitar for tomorrow. no time for a professional. idk what it is but my strings are high but when i bend a note the note goes out! i really need to fix this. but i cant get the truss rod and bridge in the right position please help.
YouTube

Buy an ESP Ltd Deluxe EC-1000 VB starting at $299 here!
It's like a kid in trouble because he didn't do his homework and now it's due tomorrow.

You should not have touched the truss rod. This is your own fault.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
It's like a kid in trouble because he didn't do his homework and now it's due tomorrow.

Exactly. If you don't know what you're doing, you definitely shouldn't be screwing with your truss rod.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
The truss rod is there to counter the string tension, it's not for adjusting sting height (although it can affect it). Truss rods control "relief". String height or "action" is adjusted by the nut and saddles. Don't mess with the truss if you don't know what you're doing. Trusses need only be adjusted in very, very small increments. You can easily toast your neck if you make gross adjustment. If you didn't mess with it, something is probably going on with your saddle. What type of bridge do you have?
Quote by seemeel

Quote by JagerSlushy
Exactly. If you don't know what you're doing, you definitely shouldn't be screwing with your truss rod.

What, and so because he made a mistake he doesn't get help?

Check the setup thread in EG.
Quote by skidroses
my guitars truss rod is all messed up and i need my guitar for tomorrow. no time for a professional. idk what it is but my strings are high but when i bend a note the note goes out! i really need to fix this. but i cant get the truss rod and bridge in the right position please help.

Normally, when you bend a note, the pitch will change.

You should never touch the truss rod unless you know what you are doing really.

Check EG in the setup thread I think. Should be some info in there, but I suggest taking it to a pro right away.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by littlephil

What, and so because he made a mistake he doesn't get help?

Check the setup thread in EG.

hey thanks alot. and i will.
YouTube

Buy an ESP Ltd Deluxe EC-1000 VB starting at $299 here!
well listen...if you turned your truss rod one way and ruined everything.

turn it the other way until everything is fixed...
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror

This is a very wise man.
Quote by AcousticMirror

Yeah, what he said. This isn't exactly rocket science. Is it really that hard to figure it out?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by AcousticMirror

Lol! tru dat.
String height is easy with a tune-o-matic. There are thumb screws at the base of each post on each E string side. Spin it clockwise (i think) to raise the action. You have to loosten your strings a bit to free them up (unless you have kung-fu grip).

Good luck. See if you can borrow a guitar for backup.