I'm looking to make a big upgrade. I have a Marshall MG100DFX with a few pedals being a DigiTech Metal Master Boss CS-2 compression/sustainer and a DigiTech RP 80 MultiEffect pedal.
I'm looking for a better sound and not 100% sure what to do I'm looking for a heavy sound for something like Megadeth Metallica Avenged Sevenfold type stuff.
The heads i've been looking at are the Marshall JCM800 and the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. as for the cabs i was looking at the marshall 4x12 1960 series and the mesa boogie 4x12 rectifier cab. Any input would be really appreciated.
Well Megadeth and A7X both use Marshalls
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Make sure you put me in your citations at the end. Or at least in your sig.
Try both out and pick the one you like best, it's pretty darn simple, because they're both great heads (and cabs).
The JCM 800 is a completely different amp to the Dual Rectifier.

The JCM 800 is single channel, which means you won't have dedicated cleans. The JCM doesn't have nearly as much gain on tap as the Dual Recto. 800s are 6550/EL34 powered, whereas Dual Recs are 6L6/EL34. There are also several different versions of Dual Rectifiers, and several different versions of the JCM 800.

Metallica's first two albums were done with modded Plexis, Master of Puppets done with a Boogie Mark IIC+, and a bunch of different amps for the rest. Megadeth used a ton of different amps over their history. Avenged Sevenfold is mostly known for Bogner Uberschalls throughout their history, only recently switching to Marshall JCM 2000s.

As for cabs, I wouldn't recommend the 1960.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I loved the JVM series when I played them, I'd recommend looking into those as well.

I've got a Mesa Single Recto, and I play a lot of A7X. Syn used to use Recto's for the first couple albums, and I can get a similar tone out of mine, if that means anything to you.

By the way, love your username.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Thank you to those of you who got back so quickly. I didn't wanna look into the Bogner Uberschall because while I know it's their most used amp its a little too much for the sound I'm goin for. I would go try 'em out but the nearest guitar center is about an hour drive so I was looking for advice here
Between the two of them, go for the Dual Recto.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??