I've read and heard of this event before, and I was just watching a documentary on some channel. So google it up and tell us what you think. The conclusion of the documentary is that there is no conclusion, it's unexplained.
What the fuck is the Phoenix Lights?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
I also would like to know.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I think that if it is aliens, they're extremely un-creative... You zoom lightyears to our Solar System just to show us your flying triangle? Really? We have birds that can do that... Show us something cool...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by slipknot5678
I googled it. Brought up Pheonix at night and some lights in a v shape in the sky.

Here's a wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_lights
Thank you for being better at UG than TS.

TS, lrn2ug.

Judging from the wikipedia page, it's pretty clear that they were from a military training mission. No aliens.
kill all humans
Quote by biga29
I think that if it is aliens, they're extremely un-creative... You zoom lightyears to our Solar System just to show us your flying triangle? Really? We have birds that can do that... Show us something cool...

I agree
As the TS, I find it amazing that you can't get off your ass and google this shit. I didn't provide a link because I didn't want to provide a preconception. For those too lazy to actually go to google and type in phoenix lights, there was a phenomena in phoenix in 1996 where several hundred residents reported consistant reports of low flying UFOs, complete with vidoe footage, which is probably available on youtube.com. Notice that I included the .com, so if you are truely lazy, you can copy and paste.
And now I believe the Lights was TS's Patience flying away.

(jk)
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by Rt1Rebel
As the TS, I find it amazing that you can't get off your ass and google this shit. I didn't provide a link because I didn't want to provide a preconception. For those too lazy to actually go to google and type in phoenix lights, there was a phenomena in phoenix in 1996 where several hundred residents reported consistant reports of low flying UFOs, complete with vidoe footage, which is probably available on youtube.com. Notice that I included the .com, so if you are truely lazy, you can copy and paste.

TS, do your job and satisfy us lazy asses with a link.
you're a very cranky TS. A wiki link would have saved you a bunch a questions though.

As for the lights, I dunno what to think. I doubt it's aliens though
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by biga29

Ya rly. Unless they were intended as some kind of universal symbol, like "we mean you no harm, but, Hello! here we are!" or "you've got one of your planet's years to GTFO before we destroy it to make way for a hyperspace bypass."

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by itchy guitar

What they call Montezuma's revenge in Arizona.

Quote by Rt1Rebel

There are aliens attacking the earth, we don't have time for ALL of us to wiki it.

In all seriousness, it was probably just border control.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Last edited by Zombee at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by SteveHouse
Ya rly. Unless they were intended as some kind of universal symbol, like "we mean you no harm, but, Hello! here we are!" or "you've got one of your planet's years to GTFO before we destroy it to make way for a hyperspace bypass."

Actually, if I was a superior Alien race, I would just constantly mess with Humans... Like I'd turn the sun purple for a day, or make a huge "XD"face on the moon or something.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29

Actually, if I was a superior Alien race, I would just constantly mess with Humans... Like I'd turn the sun purple for a day, or make a huge "XD"face on the moon or something.

Or take DNA samples from humans with zero credibility if they try to tell their stories (stereotypically stupid, suffering from sleep paralysis, live in rural areas, the fewer teeth the better), make a clone, and send him in to run things, all for the lulz

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by MakinLattes
nice to know they're starting with Arizona.

**** you Arizona!

Oh wait I'm just north of Arizona...
The aliens probably like screwing with people. If you were an alien wouldn't you do the same; messing with peoples minds and abducting hillbillies, good stuff.
It's the Borg.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power