Page 1 of 2
Violence has always been an attractive part of all sorts of entertainment- in movies, television, blah blah blah

what about sports? So we have sports like boxing, knockdown karate, mma, etc etc being very popular, but why limit combat sports by not sticking pointy objects in their hands?

I think televised, full contact knife fights have a place in future audiences, how about you?
Even more barbaric than MMA. Unfortunately in a distant future I would not be surprised.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Obviously in a sport like this they would have protective gear and unsharpened knives. Similar to combat sports/martial arts like epee fencing, saber fencing, Chinese weapon martial arts, Japanese weapon martial arts, etc.

Hopefully one day they bring back true gladiatorial games. I know I'd watch.
Quote by SteveHouse
Even more barbaric than MMA. Unfortunately in a distant future I would not be surprised.

Yeah. Human cock fighting, that.

damn UG censor. A cock is a bird too.
Last edited by TheChaz at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by rgrockr

oh yeah

but has anybody ever been impaled during a sparring with a fencing rapier (that's what they're called, right? ) ?

also, new idea: armed combat sports will start up being popular in their own areas, and like mma, will eventually all mix together in some crazy soulcalibur shit
Quote by TheChaz
Yeah. Human **** fighting, that.

Only difference is the human cocks doing the fighting are volunteers :/

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

You know someone's gonna brang the whomp all over that!
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by SteveHouse
Only difference is the human cocks doing the fighting are volunteers :/

Who said the knife fighters wouldn't be volunteers? There are some crazy ass people out there.
Quote by piratemetalhead
oh yeah

but has anybody ever been impaled during a sparring with a fencing epee (that's what they're called, right? ) ?

No, for a sport to be televised or sponsored it probably requires extensive safety gear.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Oh sweet social degeneration!

What's next? Rapesport?
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by TheChaz
Who said the knife fighters wouldn't be volunteers? There are some crazy ass people out there.

Certainly not me... not sure what you're getting at.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I would totally be for this if it went down Dune-style: dirt ring, in their drawers, with a bunch of spice addicts yelling, "he gives water for the dead!"
Quote by shattamakar

What's next? Rapesport?

no and not because rape is wrong but because they never show people doing it on tv
Quote by supersac
no and not because rape is wrong but because they never show people doing it on tv

Payperview

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Put a bunch of prisoners on a trash barge, let them knife fight, and the winner gets his freedom.

That or monkey knife fights.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I wouldn't be surprised if it was in virtual reality or some shit in the distant future. If it was to take place using real people, I think there would be a massive public outcry.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by piratemetalhead
oh yeah

but has anybody ever been impaled during a sparring with a fencing rapier (that's what they're called, right? ) ?

also, new idea: armed combat sports will start up being popular in their own areas, and like mma, will eventually all mix together in some crazy soulcalibur shit

well first off there are a few deaths every year due to the tip on the sword falling off, or the sword breaking and creating an edge, next it's not a rapier, a rapier was a popular sword prior to the invention of the epee' (which is the most realistic of the major fencing styles) the rapier was used in combination with a dagger and is slower than an epee'. The modern styles are foil (which is a traditional training sword and has very elaborate rules), saber (which is a slashing blade and only the upper body is a target, and epee' (which is a thrusting blade and the most realistic of the fencing swords as there are the fewest rules, the entire body is open, and the epee' was an actual dueling sword)
Quote by element4433
Put a bunch of prisoners on a trash barge, let them knife fight, and the winner gets his freedom.

and he'll get released in the streets with nothing but his knife

gold!

also, winner faces the winner of the last round
Quote by piratemetalhead
and he'll get released in the streets with nothing but his knife

gold!

also, winner faces the winner of the last round
Winner of the humans faces the winner of the monkeys.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by shattamakar

What's next? Rapesport?

it's called rugby
Quote by Zoot Allures
If a bunch of people want to volunteer to knife fight each other i have no problem with this. Put it on tv.

Surprisingly, I think I agree with this.
people would die. And if there's no chance of injury (using protection and unsharpened knives), then it's just fencing which is boring as all hell. That being said I'm perfectly fine with people dying. Bring back the gladiatorial games!

Quote by element4433
Winner of the humans faces the winner of the monkeys.

man could not hope to win

Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Aug 7, 2010,
Pretty good idea.
Fight to the death with big knives.
If people are stupid enough to participate the world will be better off without them
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
Yes. It would get rid of all the screwed up people in the world and it'd provide good entertainment
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by element4433

Smithers, this monkey needs most of your skin.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by slipknot5678
No guys, we won't be allowed to have knifes because sharp objects are too "dangerous".

Yeah dude, they really are "dangerous"...like, REALLY! That shit'll slit your throat open, no-one likes that.
Limitations to the knives?

Are we talking Bowie knives? or pocket knives? or is it anything goes?

I mean, throwing knives would make it pretty boring and over fairly quickly. You need to decide on a rule set for this kinda stuff. We can just have someone coming in with a little Stanley knife against someone with a sword. That just aint cool.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by apmaman
Limitations to the knives?

Are we talking Bowie knives? or pocket knives? or is it anything goes?

I mean, throwing knives would make it pretty boring and over fairly quickly. You need to decide on a rule set for this kinda stuff. We can just have someone coming in with a little Stanley knife against someone with a sword. That just aint cool.

It could be like in fencing, where you have different weapons with different rules.

I think it's a good idea, but obviously not with sharpened knives. Just essentially a blunt 8" piece of plastic which you have to hit the opponent with in designated areas. I think it would be awesome, the one thing I don't like about fencing is that it's pretty linear, with smaller weapons you could have much more freedom.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Bad Kharmel
well first off there are a few deaths every year due to the tip on the sword falling off, or the sword breaking and creating an edge, next it's not a rapier, a rapier was a popular sword prior to the invention of the epee' (which is the most realistic of the major fencing styles) the rapier was used in combination with a dagger and is slower than an epee'. The modern styles are foil (which is a traditional training sword and has very elaborate rules), saber (which is a slashing blade and only the upper body is a target, and epee' (which is a thrusting blade and the most realistic of the fencing swords as there are the fewest rules, the entire body is open, and the epee' was an actual dueling sword)

This guy knows what he is talking about. Except for the 'few deaths every year' bit. Proffesional fencing wouldn't be an olympic sport if there were a 'few deaths every year'. There have been seven since 1937.

I don't really see how knife fighting would work as a sport, unless it is incorporated into some martial arts system. It wont work as a stand alone sport.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by ICOG
This guy knows what he is talking about. Except for the 'few deaths every year' bit. Proffesional fencing wouldn't be an olympic sport if there were a 'few deaths every year'. There have been seven since 1937.

I don't really see how knife fighting would work as a sport, unless it is incorporated into some martial arts system. It wont work as a stand alone sport.

Golf is the deadliest sport and no one complains about that. It's just hte perceived violent nature.
actually, knife fighting with protection and unsharpened weapons might be a good start. Baby steps first
Okay, so knife fencing does sound kind of awesome

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

First thing that came to mind was the Beat It music video.

Anyhow, I guess if a person is well protected, knife fighting wouldn't be a bad thing.
Page 1 of 2