I bought MT-2 by Boss a few weeks ago. I already had my configuration. I play rock/alternative like Paramore, All Time Low, FOB, etc.
I wanna know what's your current config.

I also wanted to know how to obtain that Paramore's tone. Still haven't figured it out.
Any suggestions?
And forgive me for being lazy trying to figure it out.

By the way, what other effects do you recommend me to use for an alternative band?
I don't forgive you. Figure it out yourself.

Pedals need to be EQ'd differently depending on the amp you're using it through, so even if we posted our settings it wouldn't do you a whole lot of good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well I was also asking for your configurations so I can try it out. But the paramore tone isn't the main topic here. Going to figure it out someday next week thank you!
Read the forum rules. Settings threads are not allowed.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
You bought the wrong pedal for those tones. The MT2 is voiced for metal, nothing else will ever come out of it. I don't know what devil took posession of you when you bought that thing looking for Paramore and FOB tones. Nothing like that can be achieved with a Metalzone. The name pretty much says it.

Take it back, pick a different one. It's not suited for what you're trying to do and it's a really bad pedal, even for the genres it's designed for.

What other effects we recommend... well distortion is a good place to start. Depends on what amp you're using though. What model is it?
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by TheQuailman
You bought the wrong pedal for those tones. The MT2 is voiced for metal, nothing else will ever come out of it. I don't know what devil took posession of you when you bought that thing looking for Paramore and FOB tones. Nothing like that can be achieved with a Metalzone. The name pretty much says it.

Take it back, pick a different one. It's not suited for what you're trying to do and it's a really bad pedal, even for the genres it's designed for.

What other effects we recommend... well distortion is a good place to start. Depends on what amp you're using though. What model is it?

Dunno about the FOB ref. They've used Rec's and Uberschalls, and if you actually listen they can get heavy tone-wise, not playing wise but there's definetly a serious bit of chug in there.

I want an Uberschall

EDIT: But I still wouldn't even wipe my arse with an MT-2.
The MT2 doesn't really get heavy like these amps. It just gets very distorted and exhibits an ugly spike in the upper mids. It's like that's it's entire frequency range.

It's an anachronism imo. It gives you the shittiest tones '80s thrash and early '90s death metal and grindcore had to offer.
I find that turning the Gain all the way up, unplugging it and dropping it out of the window into traffic produces the most satisfying results.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by PurpleHatchet

By the way, what other effects do you recommend me to use for an alternative band?

anything but a metal zone. oh wait, too late
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.