hey all, i tried googling and could not find a thing..

I'm about to buy a pod x3 live, and 90ish% of my playing will be at home right into my headphones and right into my skull. no amp.

now, lets say i was going to take it live. also without an amp. what is the least i would need?

simply a mixer, power amp, and the PA speakers? am i missing anything?

any help is appreciated!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
A small, personal mixer is a good idea. Beyond that, nothing, really. Power amp is pretty much optional. Though you can't really ask any Line 6 questions here without ten aged morons jumping on you saying you're not real rock. Which is a shame, as the X3 series really are fantastic modelers. It might be a good idea to buy an external EQ pedal too, so you can alter the output depending on the size/shape of the room you're gigging in, it's always great to have an option at your end too, as well as at the sound guy's.
Quote by LessThanLuke
A small, personal mixer is a good idea. Beyond that, nothing, really. Power amp is pretty much optional. Though you can't really ask any Line 6 questions here without ten aged morons jumping on you saying you're not real rock. Which is a shame, as the X3 series really are fantastic modelers. It might be a good idea to buy an external EQ pedal too, so you can alter the output depending on the size/shape of the room you're gigging in, it's always great to have an option at your end too, as well as at the sound guy's.

really i've never dealt with the purchasing/quality of a mixer. would one of those cheap behringer ones do me good? we're talking live/jamming, nothing audiophile.

and i agree about the bandwaggoning. the x3s are quite awesome, i do get alot of weird looks going in a store asking about them. it infuriates me how they always try to sell me a tiny terror or a blackstar or something of that sort, i'm moving into a dorm in a year and probably an apartment after that. i love having an amp but i just cant have it in those places. at least with a modeler, a mixer, and a PA speaker i can get some relatively good sounds very quietly.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

I have a Line 6 valve amp too, have toured up and down the country with it, it's always funny watching people with Mesas and Peaveys struggling with noise problems. We did a few blindfold tests too, turn your back and I'll play a Mesa for 5 secs and my Spider Valve for 5, and guess which is which. You'd be very surprised how jaded people get when they SEE Line 6, not when they hear it.

Mixer-wise, you might be able to get away without one really, if you have a couple of pedals after the X3 before the guitar heads into the PA. Like I said, an EQ is good. Not 100% sure on the inputs/output of your Live, but as long as you balance the volumes of all your channels, you might be okay
awesome. if my seller works out, im ordering it today!
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Most places will have a house PA. Just plug straight into that. You should be aware that the presets will sound different through a PA than through your headphones, make sure to prepare patches with your band before your first gig. If you can afford a small mixer for EQing (or maybe an EQ pedal would suffice), it's probably worth it. Easier to adjust your live tone that way than having to adjust a preset.
Quote by TheQuailman
Most places will have a house PA. Just plug straight into that. You should be aware that the presets will sound different through a PA than through your headphones, make sure to prepare patches with your band before your first gig. If you can afford a small mixer for EQing (or maybe an EQ pedal would suffice), it's probably worth it. Easier to adjust your live tone that way than having to adjust a preset.

thanks, will do. a music shop near me seems to move small, cheap mixers like crazy. ill see what i can find.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.