Alright. I face a dilemma. School starts in 2 days for me, and I can't get on a sleeping schedule. I don't really want to be a zombie on my first day. It's 5 am where I am, and I've tried repeatedly over the last few weeks to get back on one. I've laid in bed for hours and just couldn't fall asleep. If you have/had trouble sleeping, what helps/helped you get relaxed where you can fall asleep easier? Or will it pretty much catch up with me when school starts?

Inb4: Get off UG, Don't go to sleep at all = problem solved, etc.

Getting off of here is obvious, but I have trouble after that. Help?
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Aug 7, 2010,
Next time, do that thing where you go to bed 2 hours later every night.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
yea everybody's having sleeping problems right now, because of the weather i think, maybe try and cool down your house so it feels like night
read for an hour or so first, drink something warm without caffiene, and don't think about needing to sleep, it makes it worse.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
stay up an entire night and day, go to sleep semi early (like 8 or 9), wake up 10 hours layer (7 or 8ish), you'll be tired the next night early, go to sleep at around the same time, bam! you're set, works every time. (if you have a tough time staying awake the first night, play video games, it works
I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but no joke, fap like there is no tomorrow. The more you fap in one day, the more tired you will feel. Just stay up until the time you want to fall asleep and trust me, you will fall asleep the second you lay down.
go get some melatonin from the pharmacy and stay away from the computer or anything that requires thinking for while before you try to sleep, maybe read a book beforehand.
Quote by Quadr4phonic
stay up an entire night and day, go to sleep semi early (like 8 or 9), wake up 10 hours layer (7 or 8ish), you'll be tired the next night early, go to sleep at around the same time, bam! you're set, works every time. (if you have a tough time staying awake the first night, play video games, it works

btw, if you do this properly, you feel great the next day, as you get a whole nights worth of DEEP sleep, cause you'll be tired as ****
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
yea everybody's having sleeping problems right now, because of the weather i think, maybe try and cool down your house so it feels like night

Hold on, you live in France, he lives in Tennessee. Is there some kind of heat wave encompassing the entire northern hemisphere?
I actually happen to have a bottle of melatonin in the medicine cabinet. That's a great idea. Would it be smart to try a combination of these things? Like, stay up an entire night, pop a melatonin, and go to sleep around 8 or so? Or is that over kill?

EDIT: ^well, I know there is some pretty bad heat wave-type stuff going on here. It's been around 100 degrees here for the past week or so.

I predict Australians on the way that are going to say something along the lines of "100 degrees is not bad", etc.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Aug 7, 2010,
Listen to the wierdest, sleepiest music whilst you lay down. I like to listen to some of The Smiths and Phish when I do it. I don't know why but guys with quiffs and ginger locks must get me relaxed somehow
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Also, stay away from computer/TV screens a good few hours before going to bed. Bright lights stop your body producing melatonin, so you won't feel like it's time to go to bed until you're exhausted.

I'm an insomniac and I can ensure you that doesn't work.

you're wrong, i do that the nights before school starts every semester, it works like a charm
For me, it usually fixes itself once school starts. Otherwise I go swimming right before I sleep, it usually tires me out enough.
cat
Take 50mg of diphenhydramine (here it's in stuff like Unisom Sleepgels). You will be asleep within 10mins after lying down (note you also might feel like shit in the morning, but it will fix your sleeping times somewhat). Also fap after dosing because it feels good (mindblowing) man.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by KGB_INC
I predict Australians on the way that are going to say something along the lines of "100 degrees is not bad", etc.

I don't think anyone uses Fahrenheit in Australia, so if anything you'd get "Do you live in a fucking kettle".
Take some estroven. Its a menopause relaxer, but that shit makes you pass the **** out.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I find that a good knock to the head works
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Work out 5 hours before you go to sleep. If you smoke, half one a half hour before you sleep. Jerk off an hour before you sleep. Read a boring book up until 5 minutes before you sleep. Tada
Quote by whalepudding
I don't think anyone uses Fahrenheit in Australia, so if anything you'd get "Do you live in a fucking kettle".

Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr