okay i didn't really know where to ask this, but i bought a new guitar the otherday and the knob has fell off because it's too big for the pot? how'd i fix this without breaking the pot?
Buy a knob that fits, buy a pot with a thicker shaft.

You could maybe try putting some silicone caulk inside the knob, pressing it on and letting it set for a bit, but I can't guarantee it'd pull off nicely at a later time.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
... how? It's solid metal.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Put some electrical tape around the shaft to thinken it, i've had to do it before.
I Like Deathcore, Deal With It!
Quote by morson93
it's a split shaft

Then why the hell are you even posting? Get a screwdriver and pry them apart a bit.

What do they teach kids these days?

last time i did that it broke, why don't you stop being a stubborn twat and help those who don't know mr i know everything...
Quote by morson93
it's a split shaft

God damn it.
Quote by morson93
last time i did that it broke, why don't you stop being a stubborn twat and help those who don't know mr i know everything...

bubb_tubbs is right - if you can't pry apart the shafts without breaking them, you should just leave your guitar where it is right now before you accidentally break it some other way. It's a bit pathetic, honestly.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Last edited by seemeel at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by morson93

You've already had a couple suggestions in here worth trying.

Pry it apart gently.
Put some filler in the knob socket.
Wrap the shaft with tape.

Pick one. And try using the head you have on your shoulders for something other than just maintaining your center of gravity.

^ if poop were involved, I could see you trying it.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ if poop were involved, I could see you trying it.

Google image search -> safe search off -> "shitting dick nipples"

I dare you, motherfocker.
^ I frequent 4chan. I've seen all that SDN has to offer.

^ Pretty hard to find stuff disturbing other than ridiculous stupidity, yup.

Wow, finally watched your sig vid. Gets really great at 1:36 when you can see the legs dangling.

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 7, 2010,
That's what I thought! When the monkey stands against the light. So beautiful. You read my mind.

I also tricked some pit monkeys into watching it today. Good day so far. Maybe we should stop using this as a chat thread though.
that's one happy chimp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.