I just received my Marshall MA50H head in the mail, but I don't have a cabinet to play it with (yet). I do have a Fender Superchamp XD that has a 1x10" speaker. The speaker is 8 ohms, and so is my head, so would it be safe to plug the head into the speaker? I just wanna be sure because I've never even bought a head before.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
it depends on the rating of the head and the speaker
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Rating...?

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by GoIrish668
Rating...?

Power rating.
Can that speaker handle 50+w?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
How many watts is the speaker?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
You can't plug the head into the speaker, but you can plug the speaker into the head. If you crank it up you may damage the speaker.
On the manual for the amp it says the speaker is 8 ohms/25 watts minimum.

Quote by theogonia777