What sort of effects do you use to get your tone? I primarily use a light overdrive, with the right sort of eq and a lil bit of reverb to give some depth to the tone. Phaser and chorus for cleans and a bit of delay as and when required. Mostly I play rock/blues.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

i use low to mid-gain, occasianaly wah-wah, flange, chorus, and other depended on how i want some riff or solo to sound.

forgot to say, i play mosly metal, rock, punk, some jazz and blues as well.
Reverb and Delay as needed with my cleans and distortions.

I use a couple of different distortions, one for rythm and such during choruses of songs, and I've got my lead distortion for epic solos.

I'll occasionally use a wah for fun.

I play pretty much all styles of music, and have 3 different distortions that I'll play with depending on style.
Last edited by iduno871 at Aug 7, 2010,
Any one know any good links for information on tone/eq? I mean like how to set up a distortion pedal in the signal chain or how to set up an echo or reverb?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Quote by iduno871
Reverb and Delay as needed with my cleans and distortions.

I use a couple of different distortions, one for rythm and such during choruses of songs, and I've got my lead distortion for epic solos.

I'll occasionally use a wah for fun.

What settings do you use to differentiate between lead and rhythm? Do you fiddle around with the eq?
Quote by jpnyc

The only pedal I use i a chorus pedal. I get mah distortion + reverb straight out of the amp.
What about multi effects processors? Any fans? Any major advantages/disadvantages over a full analog signal chain? One that jumps up is changing patches. Cant really do that with a full analog effects chain or can you?
Quote by jpnyc

1) Distortion + Drive pedal
2) Phase shifter (for epic spacey stuff)
3) Compression Sustainer (keeps everything tight for when I do technical, ABR type stuff)
4) Wah pedal for fun
5) Noise Suppressor (because my Invader p'up can't be completely unleashed)
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by hitman_47
What about multi effects processors? Any fans? Any major advantages/disadvantages over a full analog signal chain? One that jumps up is changing patches. Cant really do that with a full analog effects chain or can you?

I have an old Digitech RP-1 that I love. I mostly build my own presets but I am a huge fan of the delay set ups in the amp and I think that it has some of the best digital reverb I've ever heard. It also works great as a headphone amp and therefore is normally the last box in my chain.

Personally, I'm a huge pedal/effects fan. I have more pedals that I want to admit. For the current project I'm working on my chain goes:

Guitar-> Dunlop Hendrix Wah-> Tube Screamer -> Digitech Jamman Looper -> BBS Big Muff Pi, Boss Chorus -> RP1 (custom preset) -> recorder/amp split.

Effects are just fun. Some people think they are not needed and you can get tone straight out of an amp, and that's fine for them. I like using my toys.
After having a little multi effects pedal for a while, I realized "Shit, I don't ever really use any of this shit." So I got rid of that. Now, all I'm using is medium/high gain distortion on my amp, the reverb on my amp (but only for lead parts and solos), and a wah pedal. That's really it haha.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
It depends on what I´m playing so I have these to cover pretty much everything:
Line6 XT Live
Art ECC Effects Command Center
Ibanez Jemini
Ibanez ADL analog delay
Ibanez DDL digital delay
Ibanez BCL bi-mode chorus
Ibanez CP10 compressor
Ibanez Tube King compressor
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Heavy Metal HM-2