I'm getting ready to start a build on a 2x12 cabinet and I'm still not sure which speakers to buy. I was planning on an Eminence Texas Heat and Man O War together(I read somewhere that they worked well together), but now I'm not sure. I play pretty much every style of music, so I would like a speaker that can perform decently in cleans, crunch, and high-gain applications, and my budget is up to around $85-ish per speaker(so no Celestion Vintage 30s). I'm also thinking about Warehouse Speakers, what do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
One Of The Last American Leftys.

Also A Peavey VK Owner!

Quote by Fiire
I've been mauled, tortured by the most fierce animals in the whole Animalia Kingdom.
Women.
Quote by Milotic
warehouse vintage celestion clones.

I'm running a 100 watt head. Not enough power, right?

Also A Peavey VK Owner!

Quote by Fiire
I've been mauled, tortured by the most fierce animals in the whole Animalia Kingdom.
Women.
I would go for Warehouse speaker. I have Veteran 30's and like them alot.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
But is the power of the Veteran 30 sufficient enough for the 100-watt head I'll be running through it?

Also A Peavey VK Owner!

Quote by Fiire
Women.
I believe those to be 75 watts, could be wrong.
You'll blow the speakers, at just 150.
I prefer to be on the safe side, usually cabs are double the watts of what the head puts out. This is for safety of your cab.
You could put in a dummy cab thing or whatever. The little box that sucks up watts, making big amps good for bedroom use. Not sure of the name.

EDIT:
What Amp head do you have?

Also, check out Jensen. I've tried the MODs before. Seemed decent.

EDITx2:
I bet you have a Valveking, dont you?
Those are nice amps. I want one myself, and am building a 2x12" cab for it.
Probably gonna use the 7 ounce JEnsen Tornado. Lightest magnet I've ver seen.
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Aug 8, 2010,
Quote by timbit2006
I bet you have a Valveking, dont you?
Those are nice amps. I want one myself, and am building a 2x12" cab for it.
Probably gonna use the 7 ounce JEnsen Tornado. Lightest magnet I've ver seen.

Yes, you are correct in thinking this.

I'm not exactly looking for the lightest, but better-sounding. So Warehouse V30's would be safe to use in a 212 cab with my Valveking head?

Also A Peavey VK Owner!

Quote by Fiire
Women.
Last edited by Shadow1121 at Aug 8, 2010,
If you're willing to go used, you can spend $80 total for two G12T-75's. I picked up 4 for $100 total for my 1960 clone.

I think they're great sounding speakers, not sure why people have so much hate for them.
Bump.

Also A Peavey VK Owner!

Quote by Fiire
Women.
Quote by earthwormjim
If you're willing to go used, you can spend $80 total for two G12T-75's. I picked up 4 for $100 total for my 1960 clone.

I think they're great sounding speakers, not sure why people have so much hate for them.

my experience with those speakers sucked really bad, they didn't handle low end very well at all and woofed the hell out of a JCM900 cab I had, maybe a fluke thing... I now swear by Celestion Vintage 30's.
Quote by danieldoom20
my experience with those speakers sucked really bad, they didn't handle low end very well at all and woofed the hell out of a JCM900 cab I had, maybe a fluke thing... I now swear by Celestion Vintage 30's.

JCM 900 is a very mid heavy amp, G12T's don't scoop mids like a V30 does. So combined with a JCM 900, they don't sound great.