i posted my Epi LP Custom on craigslist, and someone wants to trade his Bugera 333XL for it.

now i play a lot of metal, mastodon type stuff, some deathklok, but i want to be able to play blues/ classic rock, but i could just use a tube screamer on the clean channel,

so i think it would be worth it.

but what really puts me off is that its 120 watts. im going to be practicing/ jamming with this, and most likely gig with it in the future. i have a loud drummer also. i really want 50/60 watts.

long story short, would you guys think this is wayyyy too loud for my needs?
you could just get an attenuator? so if u play at a lower volume it wont sound bad?
A straight trade? I dunno.

I see Epi Customs going for $250-300 most of the time on Toronto Craigslist. Is that close to what a used 333XL would go for?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
A straight trade? I dunno.

I see Epi Customs going for $250-300 most of the time on Toronto Craigslist. Is that close to what a used 333XL would go for?

they for around 500 here. and yea, i'm pretty sure it's close.

Quote by kiaba94
you could just get an attenuator? so if u play at a lower volume it wont sound bad?

problem is, i'd have no money until i get a job, which god knows when that will be. so yea.
well either way its probly a very good trade. you really dont want the guitar anymore and if you like that trade go for it and you can see if its too loud or not. but there
is a master volume lol
120 watts not that much louder than 60. maybe 3 dB.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
120 watts isn't twice as loud as 60 watts, and it has a master volume.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by jimihendrix6699
they for around 500 here. and yea, i'm pretty sure it's close.

problem is, i'd have no money until i get a job, which god knows when that will be. so yea.

**** then. Sell it and buy a used Bugera and spend the extra money on something else. A used 333XL isn't worth $500.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
yea, i really wanted something like a Laney AOR/GH50L or like a jet city JCA50. but yea, i'll see what happens.
Quote by jimihendrix6699
turned it down

Good choice. You don't know how old the Bugera is and if it could have problems in the future. Dodged a bullet there IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Good choice. You don't know how old the Bugera is and if it could have problems in the future. Dodged a bullet there IMO.

yea, also looked at how it sounded and i wasn't a fan. really looking for a single channel head.
Quote by jimihendrix6699
yea, also looked at how it sounded and i wasn't a fan. really looking for a single channel head.

Get a Jet City JCA20H or the 50 if you need the wattage
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Get a Jet City JCA20H or the 50 if you need the wattage

haha yea, that's what my original plan was