Hi Guys, just a quick one,

On the sheet im reading from teh chord box names this chord as Bbm6/Db

x 4 5 3 6 x

It comes in a progression of: Bb/D - Bbm6/Db - F/C

Wouldn't it be better named Gm7/Db? I'm guessing there's a reason why it's not called that and hope someone could shed light for me,

Thanks
Andrew is correct. Bbm6.
And eesh, this chord is horrible by itself. Would be great in a jazz progression I'm guessing.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci
It's called Bbm6 because it acts as the minor iv in the progression. IV - iv - I is a common jazz sub for IV - V7m9 - I.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

the gm chord would really be called a Gm7b5 in second inversion. 6dgoflntb (nice name bub) had an interesting point, it's a subdominant minor resolving to the F with a chromatic bass movement. if you put an Eb in there it would still be the same functional chord (subdominant minor) except it'd be IV-bVII7-I which would be cool.

depends on the key signature though too because if the key signature is in Bb then it could simply be a I ii V going back to Bb. if the key sig is in F however I would support the iv hypothesis.