Okay, you Bugera haters, I'm gonna throw you guys a bone.

I just read the first page of the new catalog, and they've got some grade-A PR bullshitting writers. It's a good read for some comic relief. Especially the part about "obsessive valve selection".

http://www.bugera-amps.com/PDF/Downloads/2010_BUGERA_Catalog.pdf
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
The rigorous valve testing bit made me lol.

The Magician looks like a cool little amp.Its got like 99% of the mark IV's knobs and switches. It'd be neat to check out the power scaling on it and the tri rec
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I love how they have so few testimonials they have to reuse them.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
friggin' love my bugera!
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by BOOGERA
Not just old-rehashed tone wearing new boots and panties, but fresh new faces with the energy to kick the Guitar Amplification party up a notch or two.

lolwut? All their amps are clones
I have a huge fear if rays.
^Nah the V series is original. And its one of their better series too
I'm as excited as this guy!

(not really)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by mexican_shred
^Nah the V series is original. And its one of their better series too
The 62s aren't exact clones either. They have the power amp of the XXX/JSX. Of course, they could not reasonable be called original, but still.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Oh word didn't know that.

Maybe they should try some more original designs

Not that most are bad for the price but I'd still like to see some original stuff. It seems like they're trying to give most amp manufacturers a run for their money but if they could introduce more features or something. I know I'm about to start rambling incoherently so I'll stop myself now.
Quote by ChrisBW
Oh word didn't know that.

Maybe they should try some more original designs

Not that most are bad for the price but I'd still like to see some original stuff. It seems like they're trying to give most amp manufacturers a run for their money but if they could introduce more features or something. I know I'm about to start rambling incoherently so I'll stop myself now.
I don't know if that's a good idea... Some people get really confused if you add more knobs and switches.

I personally agree though, more features would be great. If it were up to me, every damn square centimeter of the faceplate would have a knob or switch.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Amp with knobs that make waffles and bacon . Shit would sell quick
I guess I don't necessarily mean more for the sake of having more (but as long as it's useful - if you add a feature and it ends up not sounding great just take it) but at least something different or trying to add things that only higher end stuff seems to have. Or something.
Quote by mexican_shred
It should also be able to brew Guinness.
Quote by ChrisBW
I guess I don't necessarily mean more for the sake of having more (but as long as it's useful - if you add a feature and it ends up not sounding great just take it) but at least something different or trying to add things that only higher end stuff seems to have. Or something.
Ah, I see. Can you give an example of such a feature?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by mexican_shred

"Our new Tube Burner technology allows you to use the heat of our hand picked valves and use it to cook with. That's right, you can shred and fry bacon do at the same time! We'd like to see Marshall do that..."
Last edited by Kcintlob at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by Kanthras
Ah, I see. Can you give an example of such a feature?

Power scaling/built in attenuators, switchable ohm speaker output (I know this is hit and miss with a lot of amps but it annoys me to all ends when you can't switch 4/8/16), I think the graphic EQs like on Mesa marks and a few carvins are great. And those should be footswitchable.
Quote by ChrisBW
Power scaling/built in attenuators, switchable ohm speaker output (I know this is hit and miss with a lot of amps but it annoys me to all ends when you can't switch 4/8/16), I think the graphic EQs like on Mesa marks and a few carvins are great. And those should be footswitchable.
Uhhh.. those are all features Bugeras already have or are up and coming in the new ones.
Quote by Kcintlob
"Our new Tube Burner technology allows you to use the heat of our hand picked valves and use it to cook with. That's right, you can shred and fry bacon do at the same time! We'd like to see Marshall do that..."

They've actually just released a picture of that prototype:

om nom nom nom
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Last edited by Kanthras at Aug 7, 2010,
Might get me one of those Magicians, not going to get my hopes up too much yet util ive tried it myself
Quote by Kanthras
Uhhh.. those are all features Bugeras already have or are up and coming in the new ones.

On a couple... and the amps they are based off already have those features so they really aren't introducing anything new. Stick a built in EQ on the 333 and 6262 and maybe Peavey looks at that and says "Hey not such a bad idea lets put that on the next versions of 6505 and 3120." Or maybe not, but it would probably give people another reason to get a Bugera over the real amp.

My point is generally, it is pretty rare to have power scaling or a 5 band graphic EQ as far as features built in an amp have.