Page 1 of 4
What are some of the things that parents say that make you cringe? Not your parents, but random parents you over hear or are friends with.

Mine is when a kid makes a necklace of paperclips or some thing that anyone could have thought of and the parents go oh he is so creative.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Anything that is discriminatory
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Parents who justify their children no matter what they do.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
^ No shit
Quote by bogeaqyt
When parents say stupid religious stuff.

Another one, when parents goes off on rant about how they raise Raiden as child soldier. O.o

Sorry I couldnt help myself
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
"Because I said so"
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
Quote by tancanada
Son how do I internetz?! makes me cringe pretty bad

So when youll have kids and you are 40 and your kids will have all those technological gadgets would you be happy that your sons will cringe and hate explaining it to you?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by HWFG1
"Because I said so"

This, also interchangable with "Because I'm the parent." That's really only saying "Because I'm older, I have the right to disrespect you."
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
When they refer to themselves in the third person when talking to their kids. "Mommy doesn't like it when you kick the back of her car seat."
After at least 20 times:

"I don't know how to plug my iPod in - can you just do it for me?"

EDIT: ^goddamn I hate that
Around other people:
"Hah, just like that time Cas *insert embarrasing situation here*"
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
"So isn't he your real father?"

Just because I call my dad by his first name, and my mom, well, mom.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by The_Casinator
Around other people:

+1x10000000

I hate when they do that.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by The_Casinator
Around other people:

Hate when they do this! this is definitely the worst thing your parents can do, especially in front of your friends.
"Consequences will never be the same"
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Quote by The_Casinator
Around other people:

oh man, my parents always do this
Quote by BreakingBnj
"Consequences will never be the same"

Doesen't matter, you cant break me.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by HWFG1
"Because I said so"

That doesn't work well when your parents are divorced, it just turns into "well fine I'll just call *insert whichever parent isn't pissing you off* and go with them, see you next week"
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
So when youll have kids and you are 40 and your kids will have all those technological gadgets would you be happy that your sons will cringe and hate explaining it to you?

No, but I'll at least know how to do basic things like opening up Google Chrome and stuff. My dad can't even figure that out
love is love // return to dust
Do u think that u going to succeed with ur band? U NEED TO STUDY! U NEED TO GRADUATE, GET A JOB, GET A HOUSE, GET MARRIED AND MAKE BABIES.

God i'm even pissed when i'm writing this. So stupid..
Quote by hollow_burn
Do u think that u going to succeed with ur band? U NEED TO STUDY! U NEED TO GRADUATE, GET A JOB, GET A HOUSE, GET MARRIED AND MAKE BABIES.

To be fair, you do need to at least graduate.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by hollow_burn

They're right though.

"When will I be a grand father?!?!"

Every single week
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by HWFG1
"Because I said so"

This takes me so far beyond cringing. I get SO pissed off when people say that to me. People only say that when they can't come up with a real reason as to why.

OT: I know what is best for my child. (Mostly from people who are younger than me ) No the fuck you dont. Do you honestly believe that you know how to raise a child before you can even take care of yourself properly? Its probably good to mention that essentially all of these people are either 1)Still living with their parents, 2)Strippers, or 3) completely emotionally/mentally unstable, or any combination of those.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
how do i copy a picture from the internet?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
"son its called reefer madness because when you smoke it, it makes you crazy and want to kill people" age 8

he was being serious too he ACTUALLY believed that. i guess during the 50's you didn't question the propaganda.
Quote by hollow_burn

my parents just wont quit for the job thing. At literally opportunity they bring it up. For example: Im walking around the house then "Are you bored??" "uhh, kinda" "Well get a job!!!!! Then you wont be!" Or "Hey dad wheres some batteries for the remote? I think they're out." "Well maybe if you had a JOB you could pay for them yourself!!!!" Or the worst ones. It's just a normal conversation at the table then this is brought up : "So i heard there's a job opening at literally the shittiest restaurant in town. I think you should drop in a resume there."

I just completely hate getting pestered by them.
Every time either of them says anything remotely referring to sex.

Just don't do it.

Even worse when the comment is about the other parent.

And then they start giggling.

OH GOD.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by andrewjp123
my parents just wont quit for the job thing. At literally opportunity they bring it up. For example: Im walking around the house then "Are you bored??" "uhh, kinda" "Well get a job!!!!! Then you wont be!" Or "Hey dad wheres some batteries for the remote? I think they're out." "Well maybe if you had a JOB you could pay for them yourself!!!!" Or the worst ones. It's just a normal conversation at the table then this is brought up : "So i heard there's a job opening at literally the shittiest restaurant in town. I think you should drop in a resume there."

I just completely hate getting pestered by them.

i dunno, maybe get a job to shut'em up?

awesome side note - you won't be broke anymore and can buy your own batteries.
Quote by z4twenny
"son its called reefer madness because when you smoke it, it makes you crazy and want to kill people" age 8

he was being serious too he ACTUALLY believed that. i guess during the 50's you didn't question the propaganda.

Have you seen the film Reefer Madness? It's goddamn hilarious.
Quote by Gakbez
"So isn't he your real father?"

Just because I call my dad by his first name, and my mom, well, mom.

If he is your real dad then call him dad, you dick.

Imagine how it feels that his own spawn doesn't respect him enough to acknowledge the fact that he took part in creating you.

But on topic, I don't like playing guitar for my family because they'll give me merit no matter what. But then if I think about, it'd hurt if they criticisized.

Also, I have no idea how it'd play out when girlfriends get brought home. I'm a lonely pathetic virgin who doesn't get action, but my brother does and never brings home his women. Just begs to ask what happened with his first girl that he did bring home.
Last edited by Bearded_Seth at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by uk.mace
Have you seen the film Reefer Madness? It's goddamn hilarious.

Thank god my dad was smart enough to see past that.
"Pick that up for me, son"

No dad! I will NOT bend over for you again!
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Page 1 of 4