Took me a day and a half... but that was only because when i first got the cube i broke it by accident and put the peices back together incorrectly... this resulted in me wasting a whole day and almost losing my mind before i figured out my mistake...

But now I feel like some sort of genius. Can anyone else complete the 43 quintillion move puzzle?
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
I saved some orphans from a fire that was started by a rabies infected bear, fighting the bear wasn't that hard, the hard part was removing the blood from my knife afterwards.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I think there is defined method to solving those things. Once you see people do it and then pretend to be geniuses to get women, you pick up on their deceptive ways.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I helped an old lady end her life.....slowly and painfully.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

yeah, my best time is around 25 seconds for a 3x3, and 2 minutes for a 5x5.

makes me feel smart, memorizing all those algs. but, I'm 20 seconds too slow for competitions.
I started one 7 years ago and still haven't finished it. I suck royally at those things.
yeah I admit I watched the lessons on youtube... its actually pretty straight forward once you learn the algorithms.
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by metaldud536
I helped a bunch of terminal children at a hospital by playing Mario Kart with them.

No, you sat at your desk and played TF2 with me. (if you really did that, that's awesome by the way.)
DirgeHumani > everyone at Rubiks cubes. That is all.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by bendystraw
No, you sat at your desk and played TF2 with me. (if you really did that, that's awesome by the way.)

LOL Alright you got me there Bendy. But I was pwning as demoman for a bit wasn't I? Then you left and I had more deaths than kills and then the game crashed.
Quote by metaldud536
I helped a bunch of terminal children at a hospital by playing Mario Kart with them.

you win, sir.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
I can solve one in about 50 seconds. Not that quick, but quick enough to impress family, friends, etc. It makes me feel cool.

Edit: I can also solve the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 cube. Great way to pass time.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Last edited by Got Guitar? at Aug 7, 2010,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poiiAtcfLnY

That's my best time, 13.65 seconds. My math teacher got me into it my sophomore year, and I've been doing it casually ever since. I still average mid 20s, so I'm not really that great, but it's a fun hobby to have.

I'm way too lazy to learn all of the cases though, so I just learned full PLL, ~10 algorithms for OLL, and then I do the rest of the cube intuitively without algorithms.

Edit: That's all for the 3x3 by the way. I can solve pretty much all of the cubes from 2x2 through 7x7 (I haven't tried 8x8+), but I'm in no way fast on the bigger cubes as I solve them once a month or less.
Last edited by MrFndr at Aug 7, 2010,
My friend can do a 5x5 and it makes me sick to my stomach.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
To those of you who can solve it- did you look up algorithms online or did you work on it and figure it out yourself?
Quote by MakinLattes

I'm obsessed...

This

Also, rubik's cubes are easy, but i felt just like you the first time i solved one
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Fixed

it's even funnier because I am obese.

I'm going to grease up my cubes with some lard.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 7, 2010,
My best time for a 3x3x3 is 45 Seconds.

Do I win 2nd?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
I have no idea how to do rubiks (sp?) cubes.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
First time I picked up a rubik's cube : How I solved cube?
First time I picked up a rubik's cube, seconds before putting it away* : F*cking cubes. How do they work?

* - Grab the cube and toss it against a wall in rage.
Some people cheat by memorising a bunch of formulas and tricks that can only be learned after heaps of practice. I reckon that takes all the fun out of it.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
As I child I tended to think outside the box.

I took the stickers off that bitch.

Now it's solved. Yay!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

As I child I tended to think outside the box.

I took the stickers off that bitch.

Now it's solved. Yay!

Genius.
First time i had a Rubiks cube i pealed off the stickers and made it look like i solved it.

I was hailed as a genius in the playground
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5