Basically, I've spent the day learning the Sax solo to One Step Beyond by Madness, which is a rather long solo and takes up almost the whole song. After finally setting it down after a good hour or so, my throat felt really open. Anyways, about 10 minutes later I thought I'd practise some vocals and harmonising for my band's practise next week.

Once I started singing, I noticed it was much, much easier to hit the higher notes. Like, too easy. After playing around with my voice for a bit, I noticed that I could go unnecessarily high in terms of pitch, as in Run To The Hills high, without hurting my voice.

Another thing I noticed was the cleanness of my falsetto (head voice). Usually after singing quite high, my falsetto comes out a little airy and a bit later than it should. But it didn't do that for some reason.

Does anyone know what the reason for this is? My guess would be that it's something to do with air control, since playing Sax involves the diaphragm regularly.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

It helped you properly warm up your vocal folds and diaphragm.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
You were properly warmed up and your muscles were loosened instead of going at it cold and making your muscles tense up.
I guess if the sax player has a good saxophone lessons , plus the singer would be able to get things right on that one, then it can be a factor. But as far as I know, I don't really know if it is a factor or not.
Last edited by butlersdog at May 13, 2011,
Id say warming up your diaphram did it. Half of the struggle with high notes is breath support. I notice the same thing with my high notes after playing tuba.

Also in the case of saxaphone it probably also helps your tuning up there, hearing the pitches and stuff.