I think you want a bass guitar.
When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show.
When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.

-The Great George Carlin
Quote by wagonmancer
I think you want a bass guitar.

not really. what i dig about the charlie hunter 8 string is that its mostly a guitar with the lower bass strings.
Unfortunately, those kinda guitars are tremendously rare, the only way you're getting one of those is either from Novax, or get a luthier to custom you one.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
The Agile 8-strings from Rondomusic.com come in some really nice jazzy styles. The striped neck-thru models are especially nice.
Like this?
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Quote by russianmetal11
holy crap. must be hard to shed with those frets

agreed. I have no idea how that neck works, but it's like the one in the video, so...
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Agile had an 8 string with fanned frets before. idk if it's still around. i'm gonna check.

Edit: ok, i checked rondo, they have fanned fret 7 strings, not 8's. maybe they'll start making fanned 8's eventually. keep hopin... lol
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by Pat_s1t
http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepidprodual828ebnat.html

Maybe that? I don't know really, most 8 string guitarists use a lot of cleans anyway, even on metal guitars, so does it really matter?

Agreed, Agiles are a pretty blank canvas to be honest. You could buy one of those and put new pickups in it and have a great guitar for any style you'd have a use for an 8 string in.
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.