Hey there!
I was thinking of buying a new strat soon and I was wondering what you guys thought the best deal was? I am going to a guitar store during the week and I want to know what to look out for and what to avoid. I play a lot of Hendrix, RHCP, a bit of blues that kinda stuff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Used MIA strat imo, seen them for around £450
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
^this.

Defo not my one though lol

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yes you can get a used american standard for that which would probably be the best choice. Could always look into highway ones etc in the shops as well if you find one you like it could be a good choice also.
I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but MIJ tokai? if it has to look exactly like a fender strat, there's one at about £550 or so (ast-50, or maybe tst50, goldstar), if you're easy on the looks you can get a gs100 for like £350 (with differently-shaped pickguard and wilkinson).

Haven't tried either, I'm just going by the MIJ tokais I have tried, which have been great.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just bought mine and tried out several, I was looking at getting a mim personaly but the assistant gave a mia but the neck on it was horrible.
Try a few at the store, they do vary a lot but personaly I would only go for a higher end mia strat than a lower end one. It all personal preference though.

Delboy
If you can find a American Special they are soild guitars i couldn't tell the difference between my Tele and a regular American Standard but mine cost $300 less
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Used MIA Standard. If you don't want used the Deluxe Players Strats are great too. Ive got one myself.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Snapple
Used MIA strat imo, seen them for around £450

+1
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Fender Classic Player 50's or 60's; Fender American used/Fender Highway One.

I'd take my pick on one of those; all potentially great.
eat sleep play guitar
Look at a Deluxe Player's or a Highway One.

Don't be discouraged by the Made in Mexico tag on the players. Some of them are aboslute Gems. I had to convince myself not to buy the honey blonde one on spot at a local shop when they had them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
^^ Like mine? om nom nom nom

2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I truly could not be happier with my Lonestar strat. Basically a $550 upgraded MIM strat.