i dont get it, how can it be sooooo bad? i never used one before, but for what ppl say this is the worst bridge ever made in the history of worst bridges ever made, now come on...

im starting to think it's become popular to say the bridge is crap, just like saying herman li sucks, when we all know he rocks
Quote by ibanezgod1973
why don you use the searchbar, instead of antagonising the the forum

Because everyone says the searchbar rocks, so according to TS's logic it must be an abomination.
Quote by Wondergaurd
The Strat/Tele debate is alot like picking a starter in Pokemon, each is great at something and can cover other fields well, it's just what they do good and great that makes 'em different
Quote by ibanezgod1973
why don you use the searchbar, instead of antagonising the the forum

i've already read like a million reviews but i need more, and going to the store and try a guitar out for like 5 minutes wont help at all
people just like nitching about it
yeah i spelled it with an n
anyway its not a terrible bridge it keeps in tune well and is smooth to use although it really doesnt take too well to heavy abuse and the knife edges are quick to dull
its no ofr or edge pro or zero bridge but its actually a decent floating bridge if you know how to use them
bandwagon = power
even if you think that, its usually best to just keep it to yourself sometimes.

but to be relevant, its not awful, it just tends to go out of tune more than a real, official, i-waste-all-my-money-on-my-guitars floyd-rose tremolo
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Its wears out quicker, yeah it'll stay in tune if set up right but you can get better guitars with better trems on the used market for the same price and even cheaper. Its not an elitist thing at all.
Quote by portalsedge
i've already read like a million reviews but i need more, and going to the store and try a guitar out for like 5 minutes wont help at all

If you used the search bar you'd see threads extremely similar to yours, where people ask where the hate comes from, if it's a bandwagon thing or a legitimate problem. Reading reviews isn't the same as using the search bar, especially when this same thread happens on a regular basis, so there are a lot of people who will just ignore it or who will tell you to search bar it.

Search:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4600636

Result:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1292260&highlight=edge+iii+hate
Quote by Wondergaurd
The Strat/Tele debate is alot like picking a starter in Pokemon, each is great at something and can cover other fields well, it's just what they do good and great that makes 'em different
I believe it's a legitimate problem

Also, i smell trollshit..
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by shaggydogJV
I believe it's a legitimate problem

Also, i smell trollshit..

I do too, my good sir.

Anyway... it is a legit problem. they're POS bridges. It's like the super-cheap FR's but a slightly different design. The bridge it replaced, the Edge Pro II, was actually a half-decent piece of gear. Not as good as the original Edge Pro but much better than the Edge III.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by portalsedge
going to the store and try a guitar out for like 5 minutes wont help at all

actually I think it would completely answer your question.

Not to mention asking an employee while your trying it out.

To be honest, your asking a pretty gay question, "is it actually THAT bad? Are the critics and other opinions of the bridge just full of s**?" How can we answer that for you without being a bit offended. Go read a review or try it.
I have mine blocked... so i wouldnt know.. but asthetically i think its cool looking haha. anyways, playing it once at a guitar store will not answer your question.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Ive heard theyre okay for a while, then the knife edges wear out and they go to shit.

So maybe buy one while taking note of the fact you'll probably have to replace the trem in a year or so depending on how you use it.
The problems I've worked on and experienced on Edge III's have almost always been in the neck joint and not the tremolo itself. I've worked on 3 RG350's where the neck joint was noticeably loose and the tremolo refused to stay in tune. Usually I'll just retighten the neck screws, however on the last RG350 the neck required a shim to get the correct neck angle. I just made some shims from beer cans (thinner than coke cans, for you diy'ers) and shimmed up the neck until the angle was correct.

Edge III's are budget-minded floating trems. They're not going to last forever and the knife edges will wear out eventually. However, the user can take simple steps to help alleviate this premature failure. Take a small dab of chapstick and apply it to the knife edges, the waxiness of it makes a dandy lubricant
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]