Hi, please can anyone help work out the tabs/chords for this song called 'Control' on youtube,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh_Pt9k21rs

The song was written by my brother, Nick, in 1983 and both my son and hubby, who play guitar would love to learn it in tribute to Nick. Although they both play, they're not able to wotk out all the chords themselves :-(
Hubby says he thinks it's capo'd or barred off, but I can't remember if it was.

I don't play the guitar myself so am not sure what the difference is between a tab sheet and chord sheet. I know my son and hubby use tab sheets

My brother sadly, suddenly passed away a few days before this last Xmas 2009, aged just 52. Nick was an absolute genius with the guitar, it was like an extra limb! and possessed a natural talent for playing it :-) There are some other songs on youtube of Nick (Hearn) playing - Phonebox Blues (self penned), a cover of 29 Palms and an hilarious cover of Yellow! But 'Control' is one of my favourites and if anyone can help with tabs or chords for it, I'd be so grateful - it would be wonderful!

Thank you to anyone who can help

Jacky
Hello Jacky.
First of all I want to thank you for sharing this story, it's nice to hear that your husband and son want to learn it. Secondly thanks for sharing the song, I really really like it, your brother really was talented.
So here's how I think its played.
It's mostly barre chords so for example where it says 'E' it's a barre chord on the 7th fret of the A string. If you need any more help let me know. I think, and hope this is right!

Paul

Intro (x2):
E B A B E
E B A B Abm

E B A B E
See the faces red and gold,
E B A B Abm
Hidden stories to be told.
E B A B E
Fantasies you cannot see,
E B A B Abm
Illusion or reality?

(Chorus)
A E Abm B
I just cant tell anymore,
Abm A E
The more i see, the less i know.
Abm A E
Forget escape, theres no where you can go.
Abm A B
You cant resist, they are control.
A B
Control
A B B
Control
A A/Ab A/F# B (x2)
A A/Ab A/F# E

E B A B E
E B A B Abm (x2)

The second and third verses and choruses are played the same way.

The Outro is an E barre chord on the 7th fret and
then the same chord but with your pinky on the 10th fret of the b string.
Play these chords a few times and end on E.