hey im looking for an acoustic electric either full body or cutaway guitar, with $300 - $400 budget. im going to use it to play live in cafes. any thoughts between crafter AGE-500, Crafter TC-035 or Fender Kingman or Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat??
your opinions will be appreciated, thank u!
Last edited by dhenia182 at Aug 9, 2010,
while i've never played a crafter, i've heard good things about their build quality - a lot of people consider them akin the seagull in quality. at that price, you have to understand that if you get an acoustic electric, it's going to be fairly budget. on the other hand, the age-500 doesn't seem to have a solid top - the ones i found didn't, but they had additional letters in the name.

the hellcat isn't a great quality guitar, but it does have a solid top and a lot of people really seem to enjoy it. have you played one? the mahogany top may sound a little different than you expect if you've only played spruce or cedar top guitars.
I've never liked any Fender acoustics I've played, they always seem to be very dull sounding. For the price, I've never played an acoustic better than Crafter.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
yeah, but a laminate top crafter may not sound better than a solid top fender.

Quote by MortifiedLizard
I've never liked any Fender acoustics I've played, they always seem to be very dull sounding. For the price, I've never played an acoustic better than Crafter.
so crafter guitar makes better acoustic guitar than fender?? how about Fender Kingman VS Crafter TC-035 coz they both have spruce top. thanks guys...
do they both say SOLID before spruce?

and yes, crafter is generally known to make a better acoustic guitar.