Anyone have experience with the ceriatone trainwreck copy? You can get a fully built for like 800, the videos i have seen sound good, anyone know how close they are to the original?
Guitars
Amps
Don't all Trainwreck Expresses have minor differences between every version?

As far as I know, Ceriatone's products are exact copies of the circuit, and the other parts (OT, PT, choke, tubes, etc.) are up to you.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Don't all Trainwreck Expresses have minor differences between every version?

As far as I know, Ceriatone's products are exact copies of the circuit, and the other parts (OT, PT, choke, tubes, etc.) are up to you.

well from what i've read the main differences are in the exterior, i haven't read about differences in the circuitry. It was all hand wired by one dude though so i imagine there could be differences.

If that's true though about ceriatone being exact copies i will probably be ordering some stuff from them in the future
Guitars
Amps
800 plus shipping pushes it up a lot. considering that fuchs train 45s are 1k used right now I dunno if it's worth it. However, the ceriatones are good.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
800 plus shipping pushes it up a lot. considering that fuchs train 45s are 1k used right now I dunno if it's worth it. However, the ceriatones are good.

i think the shipping is about 250 or so to the us. Is the fuch's a copy of the trainwreck, not familiar with it?
Guitars
Amps
Yeah, it's a TW copy, but it's got extra features as well, like the hard/soft feature as found in some Komet designs and a three position voicing switch which as far as I know didn't happen in any Ken Fischer amp. The only reason to choose the Ceriatone over the Fuchs is if you were going to build it yourself. The Fuchs will have way better resale and has some extra features the Ceriatone does not, plus the design is more evolved instead of a straight clone. You could tweak the Ceriatone to match the Fuchs, perhaps, but it doesn't sound like you're going to be building the thing.

Regarding previous posts about being "exact" copies: the Ceriatones are close or spot on, depending on the model, to the originals as far as component values, but a lot of the original TW components aren't available any more or are too expensive to be practical for a less expensive version like the Ceriatone. Ceriatone generally does a great job about replicating amps with non-original components, but I just want to clarify that it's not a part for part replica or clone.

Have you played a TW style amp before? They're not for everyone. I don't want to scare people off buying them but a Trainwreck Express is not a friendly amp. It's definitely something you'll want to try out before you drop a lot of money on.
Quote by Matt15f
i think the shipping is about 250 or so to the us. Is the fuch's a copy of the trainwreck, not familiar with it?

It is called a "Train 45," so just by the name you can possibly pick something up.

But yeah, it's meant to sound like a TW amp.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
ya it's fuch's take on the trainwreck.

the trainwrecks are designed to be non master amps though. you sure that's going to work for your space?
Quote by Roc8995
Yeah, it's a TW copy, but it's got extra features as well, like the hard/soft feature as found in some Komet designs and a three position voicing switch which as far as I know didn't happen in any Ken Fischer amp. The only reason to choose the Ceriatone over the Fuchs is if you were going to build it yourself. The Fuchs will have way better resale and has some extra features the Ceriatone does not, plus the design is more evolved instead of a straight clone. You could tweak the Ceriatone to match the Fuchs, perhaps, but it doesn't sound like you're going to be building the thing.

Regarding previous posts about being "exact" copies: the Ceriatones are close or spot on, depending on the model, to the originals as far as component values, but a lot of the original TW components aren't available any more or are too expensive to be practical for a less expensive version like the Ceriatone. Ceriatone generally does a great job about replicating amps with non-original components, but I just want to clarify that it's not a part for part replica or clone.

Have you played a TW style amp before? They're not for everyone. I don't want to scare people off buying them but a Trainwreck Express is not a friendly amp. It's definitely something you'll want to try out before you drop a lot of money on.

This. The Ceriatone transformers are brought up a lot as inferior but I've never had any experience with them. The Fuchs is great though. I've played a real Trainwreck to compare it to and the Fuchs gets pretty close from what I recall. It was just a bit buzzy on the top end IMO. I don't know if it was the tubes or if it hadn't broken in yet but I liked the used Blackjack 21 next to it a bit better. A friend has owned both and came to similar conclusions although he only kept the Train for like 2 weeks.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
The blackjack is a bit weird though it runs 2 6v6s. my favorite was the lucky 7.
there are some rumors, that ken fischer had to use cheap tranformers that sounded really hard, so he put a 630v cap between the two outputs of the transformer to soften it a little.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Roc8995

This. It took me a month to finally like mine.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
oh wtf you like it now?

haha that's good!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I only told you to keep it because otherwise I would have had to sell a kidney to pay Min for it. I hope you know that.

The lucky 7 is plenty for me right now. They are way too loud and unruly for any practical human being to own.
i wonder if it would be possible to stick a triode strapped 6aq5 in there for 2 watts.
I'm on it. I will report back once I've lit myself on fire trying, or succeeded.
Quote by Roc8995
I only told you to keep it because otherwise I would have had to sell a kidney to pay Min for it. I hope you know that.

The lucky 7 is plenty for me right now. They are way too loud and unruly for any practical human being to own.

As much as I love the crunch on it and how huge it sounds for 38W, it may not stick around for more than a few months.

I have my eye on a '68 100W Metro kit that will not only sound huge, but will also sound clean and articulate. It also happens to be the amp I've always wanted.

There's just a couple of small problems, first and foremost being that I need to either a) get a new cab, or b) get new speakers for the existing 2x12 because I intended it to be used with a 50W JCM 800 so it's only rated for 130W.

It might be fine with an attenuator, which brings me to my next problem. The MASS is only 100W, which means I need to dump it and get another one.

I don't have the money to do all of this and get the kit right now so I'll have to upgrade in steps.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
They're not even selling the kits right now IIRC. There's some restructuring going on right now which could mean big price increases if George wants to lower the competition with his real line.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

^ I'd totally buy the 12000 series. The only thing stopping me is that the kit is $1000 less.

IMO it's completely worth it for the real deal.

Oh, it's definitely worth it to be as accurate as you'll find pretty much anywhere. It's just I want a Metro Amp kit to mod the shit out of eventually.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

^ I've been trying to find a used 12xxx for months. They never pop up. Too good I guess.

Lance Keltner has one. It sounds killer in person.

EDIT: Wait. It might be a 10xxx series. I can't remember. Either way it was awesome and I have wants.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Aug 8, 2010,
^ He has the 10000 series.

I want one, but I want a JTM45/100 more for that sort of sound.

Yea, I just watched the YT video. That's the one I've seen him play so it's definitely a 10xxx Bass spec. Doesn't change my wants.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

George has said it's only affecting the parts portion of the website, though. The kits will remain for sale, probably at the same price, but with limited options.

I expect he means stuff like headshell colours, knob choices, etc.

Aww. What if he stops selling those $8 NOS knobs? I need the toanz those knobs provide.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

^ Somehow I think I'll manage.

I dunno. Knobs are there for a reason. Otherwise I'd just sharpie a marker on the pot shaft itself.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT