Page 1 of 2
I had an idea today: If you started your own guitar company, (as in the guitars themselves, not as a wholesaler) what would you call it, and what kind of guitars would you make?

starter guitars that don't suck. I think thats what it should be called too.
I'd use the abbreviation SiN and have a friend of mine come up with something witty for the full name.

We'd sell everything. Hollow bodies, superstrats, LP copies, SG copies. But we'd put our own spin on everything.

Cool colours and special limited edition artwork runs featuring artists from the city we base ourselves in. Or something like that.
It would sell cheap strat copies and line 6 spider copys.

Thats where the money is at.
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by Felttoaster
It would sell cheap strat copies and line 6 spider copys.

Thats where the money is at.

unfortunately this
probably something along the lines of a Warr Guitar/Chapman Stick/Megatar, with midi pickups to hook it to a synth, maybe some built in effects, 12+ strings covering like 6 octaves, plus Explorer/V/Star shaped aluminum bodies so it is both literally and figuratively metal, and a mirror like chrome finish, cause everything will be chrome in the future. not sure what to call it though.
It would be called **** Teenagers

I'd sell hollowbodies, hollow baritones, and hollow 7/8 strings that are set up to only run string sets bigger then 16.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
It would be called **** Teenagers

I'd sell hollowbodies, hollow baritones, and hollow 7/8 strings that are set up to only run string sets bigger then 16.

and the budget model will be $10,000.

Standard models run about $20,000-$100,000.

And the custom shop just has a price tag that says "keep dreaming"
I'd make single cutaway LP style guitars, as well as hollows and semihollows, and they'd be mid-market and priced reasonably. I would also see about getting some licensing stuff sorted out so I could reproduce the Fender Starcaster.
FTW guitars. only neon colourer superstrats. only maple fretboards. Choice of Single humbucker and volume and hxs and volume pickup configurations. Original floyd Rose choice of recessed or flat mount. ANDDDDDDDDDD choice of 22 fret or 24. Plus pointy and banana headstocks
DF Guitars... Anything the customer wants, I suppose.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Mine would be called Parasitix or something of the sort to sound like a cheesy metal brand.

I'd make more metal-ready LP copies, H/S/H Floyd equipped strat styles, and a flying V copy.

The only available finishes would be multi-colored whirlpools, sunbursts, and artwork. All except the artwork ones would have a flamed top.

ESP style headstocks (pointed), Sperzel tuners, OFR's or TOM on LP/Flying V, DiMarzio Crunch Lab and LiquiFire's come standard but EMG's/Blackouts are optional.

All styles come equipped with a piezo system and a MIDI-Out jack.
Deaf Guy Guitars

our guitars would be SG's but with Yamaha SBG head stocks. so like a Gibson SG body with a Yamaha SBG head stock.

all mahogany body/neck, ebony fret boards.

finished include black and silverburst

for the pickups, you would send me a list of bands you like/play and you'd get what ever the **** i tell you.

bigsby trems

and if ANYONE complains, i swear to ****ing god i will come to your house and give a good stern talking to on why they are amazing.

oh yea, they are also made in Australia. i live in the US but i always thought it'd cool for them to make some guitars.
Artist guitars, which would sell the guitars Prince has used as reasonable prices and not require anyone to order through a shady online music store that takes a year to deliver a damned CD.
i would sell LP's w. thin necks like an ibanez neck profile they would have badass inlays no boring blocks or anything and they would only come in unthinkable finishes and designs and also the classic sunburst finishes and goldtops
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
Wizzardry Guitars and Amps.

We'd make primarily superstrat shape guitars but also vintage 80's type guitars like explorers, keeping it to the basics. We'd make tube amps too.
The playground of the world
MBM Guitars.

Think Carvin(Customizable guitars with all sorts of options, you tell us how you want it, direct-to-buyer so no retail markup, etc.), but with more weird niche models(8-strings, short-scale, baritone, etc.), lower-cost, non-customizable MIK models, and no ridiculous upcharge for overseas customers.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
pure evil guitars

i'd only make black guitars, ebony fretboards with no inlays
i'd probably make v-s, rr-s, lp-s, strat-looking-s (not the fender style strat, more like the ibanez style), sg-s, and custom models, maybe a few originals
Probably something like Asgard Guitars. Mostly neck-thru guitars with 6 to 8 strings focusing on natural finishes (but colored finishes being an option) and carved-tops. Modern feeling axes, good quality control, and probably standard with Bareknuckle pickups.

The guitars would definitely have to be named after Norse mythology. I'm no Viking metal guy and I don't know a whole lot about it (although I have friends that do), but my ESP with Ceramic Warpigs is named Freya.
Valentine Guitars

Selling mostly superstrats, but also V's and Xiphos esque shapes to start out with. No LP shapes, because they're design is retarded. :p

All of my guitars would come with the option of a 24.75" scale, a 25.5" scale, or a 27" scale (at a small markup price), and wouldn't depend on the color.

My motto would be something like: We facilitate the options that matter for the player.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Buy Kramer Guitars off Gibson cause they don't give a rats ass about it, re-open the old plant in Neptune, NJ and bring back the company to the way it was (including Custom Shop) and not make cheaper imports like Gibson decided to do. Sad, very sad, barely a shadow of its former self right now. Thanks Gibson!
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
all other guitars suck(name)or AOGS

I would make baritones,7 stringers,and RG type superstrats...

all hardware will be of premium quality and materials...most probably titanium..AAAA grade wood...everything else will be custom tailored according to the buyers preference
Simply Guitars.

I would make custom guitar. So people would come into the shop, I'd ask them what they wanted and then I'd make a guitar as close as I can to their specifications.
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Pecheneg Guitars.

We'd make two models, one would be an archtopped, neckthru, 24.5" Jagstang shaped TOM style guitar with S-S, S-H or H-H EMG pickups, called the Tarkan.

Other would be from the custom shop, same general specs, but with far more custom options in terms of scale length, bridge, number of strings, pickups and other electronics. It'll called the Khagan.

We'd also make a pretty straight forward 'ultimate death metal' amp, loosely based on the Ampeg/Crate SS/VH/GX/GT circuit, only with active EQ controls, sweepable mids, a fat control (which basically boosts the mids at the same freqs as the 'high' knob on a Boss HM-2) and a 5 band graphic EQ similar to Mesas. The Pecheneg Kurya 160 W solid state amp.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I'd probably make mostly ES-335 style semi-hollowbodies, les paul style guitars, and guitars that i intended to deliver something similar to the rickenbacker sound without infringing on all the rickenbacker copyrights (if that's even possible) - i'm certain that there's a market for a cheap alternative to a ric, but such a thing just doesn't exist because as soon as it does, boom, lawsuit.

Also, i'd fit active pickups to some of the models, because it really is frustrating looking for a guitar with active pickups that isn't meant for "teh mettulz".
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
The guitar shop that actually cares about helping you in the world of playing guitar instead of some greedy asshole who doesn't care about your newly found interest of playing guitar and his employees who'd rather stare into blank space and eating out of their noses instead of helping you pick the right guitar for you
Guitars:
Charvel So-Cal
Ibanez RG1527
ESP LTD Stephen Carpenter 607b
BC Rich Warlock Bronze
Quote by StagDSV
The guitar shop that actually cares about helping you in the world of playing guitar instead of some greedy asshole who doesn't care about your newly found interest of playing guitar and his employees who'd rather stare into blank space and eating out of their noses instead of helping you pick the right guitar for you

i think there's some confusion as to what the threadstarter actually means...

does he mean guitar shop, or guitar manufacturer?!?

Also, i must be lucky to have had a good experience with guitar shops generally being honest and helpful.
Rig Winter 2017:

Butler Guitars.
Cos it's my last name, and for the fact the company would cater to the modern player's needs.

With this the company would be a versatile as **** company, as that's what I dig, it'd be mainly superstrats and strats.
There'd probably be about 5 "standard" models. One for real heavy metal, probably with active pickups, one with high output pickups, a kind of middle of the road one, one with slightly less output (a sort of "texas blues" style model), then one with very low output, sort of jazzy if you know what I mean.
Just to hit every where up, I'd probably offer floating/standard trem or hardtail.

There'd also be othe rmodels, like obvious "T-Style" and "LP-Style".
I mean like actually designing your guitars. You can throw greed into how you'd run a business, but I'm just simply asking what kind of guitars would you make, name, etc. Just something to get the ideas flowing for quick entertainment. I love the thought of designing my own guitars, if only I had the money.
Rio or Riggs Guitars. It would be a custom shop where customers could choose their body type, fretboard type, tone type, and either go with a standard fretboard or submit thier own designs. So if you want your face in the fretboard, we can do it!
My company would be TMF Guitars (TMF is my initials.)

I would make mostly super-strats with various designs. Some would be solid-color, some would be transparent over a flamed maple top, and some would have art on them.

However, I would make some Explorers, V's, SG's, and new shapes as well.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by TMF128 at Aug 8, 2010,
Quote by CaparisonCore
I mean like actually designing your guitars. You can throw greed into how you'd run a business, but I'm just simply asking what kind of guitars would you make, name, etc. Just something to get the ideas flowing for quick entertainment. I love the thought of designing my own guitars, if only I had the money.

i see.

Well i would make neck-thru versions of gibson designs - such as a neck-thru ES335 style guitar, or a les paul, SG etc - featuring maple necks/center sections but the rest made of mahogany. I would give the option of different types of pickups including PAFs, P-90s, mini humbuckers and EMG/SD Blackout actives for these models.

I would also have models which attempt to recreate the rickenbacker sound but with a bit less of a strange feel that rickenbackers have, at a lower price - basically a more accessible equivalent to rickenbacker. The intention would be to capture as much of that distinct sound as possible without giving rickenbacker any grounds for lawsuits... if that's possible.
Rig Winter 2017:

I'd make Firstline Guitars. They'd be Strat and LP copies for about $250-$400 for beginners. The hardware and wood would suck balls, but I'd make damned sure that the necks and fretboards were of great quality so people would have a quality base to learn on.
Stratatsic

I would make cheap but quality copies of fender strats and make decent range of amps and effects.
I haven't thought of a name yet but I would produce, superstrats, bolt on and neck thru, 6, 7 and 8 string, with floyds (except for the 8 string which has kahler) and hardtails, and various custom options.

Essentially becoming the Charvel of this generation.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
I guess I could call the company CJ.E guitars which stands for my initials.

I would make a pretty wide variety of guitars. Most of which would be offset guitars just because I find those to be the most comfortable guitar bodies ever made. I would also make alot of short scales, baritones, 7, and 8 string guitars. I think I would offer TOM, Bigsby, and Kahler bridges. I would also make alot of the semihollow or hollow bodied.

I would try to have the highest quality instruments for pretty cheap. I would try to have my most expensive models costing a little over $1,000, and those will be the custom shop guitars.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Page 1 of 2