apologies for big crappy photos. So this is my first mod from my first electric guitar that i got when i was 12, a yamaha pacifica.
I found it laying around in a wardrobe and I tried it out, thought it could sound better and have a nicer paintjob but it played like a dream so I ripped the pickguard off ( I had coloured it in blue with a cd marker in my youth and couldn't be bothered to clean it off seeing as i was replacing the electronics) and found a nice pool route I took the stickers off, not worrying about the finish and had a look at the bridge Missing a saddle, I found it though and because I only had money for pickups, paint and a properly routed pickguard I decided to keep these saddles as they aren't really that bad and i can always replace them later. Then I looked at the neck and found that it was missing a tuner, so replaced that and now it's fine and has a rather lovely grain on the fretboard It's a bit hard to see but it is effing lush. So I thought about it and want to end up with something like this
I found some nice pickups in a loaded strat pickguard which will need a bit of filing to fit the neck as the pacifica neck is more square, when i get paid again i'm going to buy some paint from my local hardware store, i might not reshape the headstock though as my jigsaw is getting old and tired out.
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
sorry for double post,
saddle put back on

tuner replaced

and this is how it looks assembled so far

also i've just ordered my new pickguard
Ben

GEAR:
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
Why make an Ibanez headstock out of the original? I know Ibanez rules and stuff, but come on..
update time! my new loaded pickguard arrived today, and i had to route to accomodate the extra pot so i did that really roughly, shaped the pickguard around my neck and bridge, drilled some new screw holes (old ones didn't line up but are under the PG) and when my input and strings get here i'll be ready to go, also PEECHURZ!!!
route

closeup of route, i can't really do any better as all i have to work with are a jigsaw and a handheld drill

me shaping my pickguard

pickguard shaped
fits nicely and nothing gets in the way of my trem
Ben

GEAR:
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
ok so she's finished for now although i'm debating whether or not to sand the clear coat down slightly to give a more matte effect but she sounds nice, gives good cleans (i kept the neck pup relatively low to give a softer sound) good bite with distort on although i need to test it on a better amp than the yamaha 20w that came with the starter package she still sounds fine through it though.

PEECHURZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
full body shot

neck

close up of body when i have money i'll upgrade to a relatively better wilkinson s style trem

headstock effing blurred beyond belief

back of body showing my trem settings

back of headstock when i have the money (going to see streetlight manifesto in london tonight so all my money's going into getting there fucking train fares are ridiculous) i'll be replacing the tuners

heres me playing a scale (with baby face ¬¬ because i thought it'd look cool and yes i am in my pyjamas as i took the photos at about 8:30

and heres me playing some power chords (the pyjamas say "i'm great in bed, i can sleep for hours)

my pickup heights i use bridge for distortion, middle for crunch and i combine middle and neck for a more bluesy clean
Ben

GEAR:
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
One of these was my first guitar as well. I meant to totally redo it but got half way through and ran out of money so mines sitting in the corner of my room completely dismantled and paint-less for something like 9 months now.