e----------------
B-------8------7
G-------9------9
D----------------
A----------------
E---------------

thanks
They're not chords, they're only two notes.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
A chord having two notes does not make it not a chord.

The chord is Em, then Esus2. The fifth is just eliminated.
They're intervals by themselves. With some other music at the same time, then yes we have some reference to name them.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

CrazyEdit:
Quote by seemeel
They're not chords, they're only two notes.
Um...what the hell do you think a powerchord is, man? Even if you use the 3 finger shape of it, it still only includes 2 notes, namely the root and the 5th

Quote by seemeel
They're intervals by themselves. With some other music at the same time, then yes we have some reference to name them.

And I don't know what hell kinda theory you're studying, but you missed something, man. Intervals are what MAKE a chord.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
E9(No7)

Extending up to 9th chords (and eliminating the 3 and 5, as well as the b7 - not even being pedantic about the 9 being an octave + a tone above the root) is overcomplicating things.
I'm not going to argue with you. If you have two notes by themselves, that's an interval. It's not a chord, or at least one you could name without any ambiguity. But whatever.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
CrazyEdit:
Um...what the hell do you think a powerchord is, man? Even if you use the 3 finger shape of it, it still only includes 2 notes, namely the root and the 5th

And I don't know what hell kinda theory you're studying, but you missed something, man. Intervals are what MAKE a chord.

your a smartass...