I am looking for a marshall amp that is good for both metal and rock that is in the price range of around 300$. I play music from bands like Rush, Slayer, Boston, Mayhem, Cannibal Corpse, Metallica, Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, and so on.

Also please reccomend good Boss effects for these styles.
1. Don't limit yourself to Marshall and Boss. There are better amps and at least OD/distortion pedals at that price.

2. Do you gig, or is it just for practice?
I'm afraid there's no such animal, unless you find one hell of a used deal. Marshall amplifiers are pricey for a reason, and they hold their value well. For what you want, look at a used JCM 800 or 900 or one of the DSL/TSL/JVM series amplifiers. I don't think you are going to find one in good condition for $300.00, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Generally, Marshall amps that are < $300 = shit.

There is no way to get those styles with a single amp and pedal. Rush, Pink Floyd and Dream Theater are so musically and tonally complex that it would take many thousands of $$ to be able to accurately recreate their vast array of sounds.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Marshall MG's have pretty crushing overdrive
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Quote by Steve Holt
Marshall MG's have pretty crushing overdrive

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I would have suggested a Spider but he clearly wants Marshall! MG's are the best Marshall has on offer man, and for the price they're insane!
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
For $300, I would recommend something like the Fender SuperChamp XD or Peavey Vypyr.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
^ I'd take the Vypyr, the Fender doesn't have enough gain for metal, which is why I just sold mine. The Vypyr, on the other hand, has mucho, mucho, gain.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
I'm getting that troll feel from this thread.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
While you're at it, you should get a Boss MT-2... the distortion sounds are teh brootalz!!! *hurrderp*
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Lots of lolz in here/

$300+Metal=Peavey Valveking

We have a winner!
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by handbanana
Lots of lolz in here/

$300+Metal=Peavey Valveking

We have a winner!

No way. Valvekings are awful. A complete waste of money.
Better off getting a JCA or Blackstar 20 or 40 watter for that price. Even a Vypyr sounds better than a Valveking. And notice there is no "Valveking" model on a Vypyr.
Quote by blue_strat
1. Don't limit yourself to Marshall and Boss. There are better amps and at least OD/distortion pedals at that price.

2. Do you gig, or is it just for practice?

No, I only practice. I've only been playing for a year and a half.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden