As I am a bass player I use UG all the time. It is my home page. My brother is going to play drums soon and he cant find drum music or tabs anywhere on the net. I mean sure UG has drum tabs but half of them have no rating. What I am actually trying to say is is there anything on the internet like UG but for drums or just percussion? Any links would be helpful.

Thanks.
FISH ON!!!!

Quote by Derk'ed
Women love it better with fingers. Treat a bass like a woman. Fingers or piece of plastic?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
I recommend going to the extratorrent website and downloading guitar pro. Then you can open the guitar pro tabs on this site and in them they normally have the whole song tabbed out for each instrument, drums, bass, guitar, even piano is there is one in the song.
Quote by __Pent__
^^ He lies, it's this one:

http://www.ultimatedrummer.com

Firefox + NoScript = WIN
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Zombee
Firefox + NoScript = WIN

Or you just mouse over it and see what it actually is
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by ak10
I recommend going to the extratorrent website and downloading guitar pro. Then you can open the guitar pro tabs on this site and in them they normally have the whole song tabbed out for each instrument, drums, bass, guitar, even piano is there is one in the song.

this

or get him to learn them by ear, drums are miles easier to do by ear than guitar, not so much pitches rather than just sounds.
i'm Ginger its fun
I think it'd be better if he learnt it by ear. It's not as if theres over 4 different positions for the one note
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
There was a thread on this yesterday.

You could have at least said you wanted to "pick up the drums", so I could make the same lame joke.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Hey there was this thread already, ill say my joke again.
How to play drums:
1.Pick up drumsticks
2.Hit drums
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
id advise him to learn some stuff by ear, some drum tabs are.... eeeechhhh
COLOURFUL SIGNATURE

compliment from fellow UGer
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hey there was this thread already, ill say my joke again.
How to play drums:
1.Pick up drumsticks
2.Hit drums

hmmm say that to Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, or any prog drummer..... you'll find theres more to it...
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Sparky-MMA
hmmm say that to Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, or any prog drummer..... you'll find theres more to it...

Do they use different drumsets?
Different drumsticks?
Same drums, same sticks, same everything.
They just hit the drums more times.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Do they use different drumsets?
Yes. Ever seen Peart's kit?

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Different drumsticks?
Yes. Some of the touring drummer use custom turned sticks, but most just have a tech select theirs, sorting through thousands of of a particular model to get a few that are perfectly straight and the preferred timbre and weight.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Same drums, same sticks, same everything.
Wrong.
Where you hit a drum (or cymbal) has a huge effect on the tone.
How you hit a drum affects not only the tone but your ability to hit it again in a short period of time. The balance of movement in the upper arm, forearm, wrist, and fingers, are crucial elements of technique. Until you learn the basic mechanics of drumming you'll be severely limited in what you can play and how accurately you can play.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
They just hit the drums more times.
No. There is a shit-ton more to it than "how many times" they hit the drums. But even the issue of speed is highly dependent on developing one's technique.

It's obvious you don't have the slightest clue about drumming.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
ITT: Drummer's getting butt-hurt.

Seriously though, he should just learn it by ear, it would probably benefit in the future.
Just search for the tabs in Google, and most of the time you will find one, unless you pick a song that nobody has tabbed, but that cant really be helped.

Also this thread is yet more proof that letmegooglethatforyou is the most epic thing. EVER.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Imme94
ITT: Drummer's getting butt-hurt. People who don't have a clue about drumming talking out of their asses.

Seriously though, he should just learn it by ear, it would probably benefit in the future.
*fixed*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.