I don't know if this is just all in my head or what, but I've seemed to notice that my bass string (the sixth/biggest/last one) feels a bit more floppy on my LTD AL-600 guitar (which is equipped with a floyd rose bridge) in, for example, D standard tuning with 10-46/50 gauge strings, than my dad's Gibson SG Custom in D standard tuning with 9-42 strings. I mean, it may be a wrong description to say the bass string is more floppy, but something about it just seems more muddy and/or less tight when picking on it, especially palm muted open string. Is this kind of thing typical when comparing floyd rose bridge to hardtail bridge? Or do you think I'm just completely crazy right now lol.

Thanks.
It depends on more than just the bridge, the scale length, tuning, string gauge, truss rod tension and even the individual guitar can change the tension in a string.
Both of my Ibanez have Floyds (well Edge and LoPro) in E standard with 9-42's, 25.5" scale, but its a lot easier to bend on the S than on the JPM. It just depends on the guitar.
Have you checked your springs?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by littlephil
It depends on more than just the bridge, the scale length, tuning, string gauge, truss rod tension and even the individual guitar can change the tension in a string.
Both of my Ibanez have Floyds (well Edge and LoPro) in E standard with 9-42's, 25.5" scale, but its a lot easier to bend on the S than on the JPM. It just depends on the guitar.

Well, the scale length of my LTD is 25.5 and the SG is 24.75, both same tuning, LTD thicker gauge. With those in mind, the LTD should feel much tighter, but in some ways it doesn't XD Perhaps I'm still missing something.

Quote by Sakke
Have you checked your springs?

Hm... well, my bridge is parallel/level if that's what you mean. I've got 3 springs in the back in standard A-shape position. Is there something else that needs to be checked?