I have a 75w Peavey Vypyr and i want to record some tracks using the usb it has on it. but when i plug in a usb cable, i hear nothing from the speaker on the amp, so there is no way of actually listening to what i'm recording. is there a way to overcome that? the amp itself came with a evaluation copy of revalver, but i don't know how to set it up?
strange that the speaker should shut off when you plug in the USB cable.....but hey, that's how it was designed.

You'll probably need an audio interface in the end as you'll have to monitor audio playback from the computer being that the speaker shuts off.
I suggest just buying something along the lines of the M-Audio Fast Track MKII. It offers a mic port with phantom so if you ever need/want to you can mic your cab but it offers a headphone output which will play back audio much faster than your stock computer sound card and so you can jam out without latency.
Quote by moody07747
strange that the speaker should shut off when you plug in the USB cable.....but hey, that's how it was designed.

You'll probably need an audio interface in the end as you'll have to monitor audio playback from the computer being that the speaker shuts off.
I suggest just buying something along the lines of the M-Audio Fast Track MKII. It offers a mic port with phantom so if you ever need/want to you can mic your cab but it offers a headphone output which will play back audio much faster than your stock computer sound card and so you can jam out without latency.

This man speaks the truth.. The number one issue with direct recording is audio latency. Since you're using the Revalver software, there should be an option to enable the Vypr input.. Not 100% on that seeing as I haven't had a lot of time to play with the software, but they're both Peavey brand, and if anything, I would look on Peavey's site and check the specs and whatnot on direct interface with the software.