I've designed my ultimate guitar and i thought it would end up costing £1000 it ended up only been £637 please tell me if im missing anything

Parts:

Warmoth Body £ 309.91

Warmoth Neck £ 136.48

Gotoh Bridge £ 28.99

Dimarzio Evo £ 72.00

Sperzel
Locking Tuners £ 63.00

Pickguard £ 23.00

500k Vol Pot £ 2.30

Knob £ 0.99

Output Jack £ 1.05

Total £ 637. 72

Kisakae Mock-up

This will end up being built in about a month
Don't know if it's really worth it.. Depends on the body wood,since you could buy a squier and modify it,cover the neck/(middle) pups,if any of them have a humbucker in the bridge position.. and making it yourself could be harder,but also cheaper. I think you should give it another thought.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

do you have a soldering iron? drill? (incase any holes aren't already drilled) and you can get pickguards for half that price on axesrus.com (free UK postage) errrrm, other than strings and a strap i don't really see much missing. maybe pickup housing, but nothing major.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Sakke
Don't know if it's really worth it.. Depends on the body wood,since you could buy a squier and modify it,

What is this?
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

No.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
No.

Care to explain why instead of being a bastard?
The price is about right, I think. There's nothing special on the guitar - it's actually almost a waste of a custom guitar (no offense intended).

The only thing noticeable on it is the finish, which looks very cool by the way.

I'd say, if you're going to get a custom guitar, and you're way under your limit already, you should spice it up a bit. Maybe get a sustainer pickup in the neck position? That would be really cool. Maybe some more controls like a killswitch or something?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by TomG10-7
What is this?

As much as id love to agree with you... i cant... haha, for quick modifications a squier can suffice. it wouldnt sound as good, but for what TS wants to do, it wouldnt be a bad choice. As long as he does it right... that is..
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by BKMC
Care to explain why instead of being a bastard?

No.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Have you taken into consideration shipping and import costs from warmoth?

Probably like £70 shipping, and 20-30% of the value for customs and VAT.

Id say, get the body and neck from their and everything else source from places in the EU.
Quote by beckyjc
Have you taken into consideration shipping and import costs from warmoth?

Probably like £70 shipping, and 20-30% of the value for customs and VAT.

Id say, get the body and neck from their and everything else source from places in the EU.

Just what i was going to say , i believe its 15% VAT + 8% customs duty but i may be wrong.
one pickup is NEVER a good idea. My old friend (posted here as VictorinoX) bought an RG2610E used, and he couldn't wait to get rid of it
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by TomG10-7
What is this?

I said only that for the lulz and also for the fact,that the bodywood could be the same as what is used on squiers. Same with neck and fingerboard..if they are the same
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Aug 8, 2010,
I wouldn't want it, since I rarely use the bridge pickup, but if that suites you then go for it!
what wood and options on the body and neck. that's kind of important. or something.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
warmoth parts are about a gazillion times better than what most squiers get. true fact.

i like mod'ing squiers don't get me wrong.

if you want a one pup rocker, that'd be a good one.

maple neck but what body wood? Alder, ash, basswood, mahogany?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Ive decided to have a dimarzio tone zone in the bridge and a paf pro in the neck with a tone and volume.
yea, since you have extra money on it, it only makes sense to put in another bucker, for versatility, and even if you dont usually use it, you might want to one day.