2 groups of my freinds have made bands and both want me to be in it, band 1) has 4 people guitar(me), singer, bass, drums and then band 2) will have lead guitar(me), guitar, bass, drummer and will find a singer later.

band 1) is more established and set up and the bass player is older and has been in a band that had a recording contract before, but the drummer and singer arnt that great.

band 2) the bass is fine fairly newbie, rhythm guitar complete newbie and drummer is very good.

i have been playing for 4 years and i am very serious about my band getting far

whats your thoughts?
There's only one way to decide.

Confront the great. Ip. Dip. Doo.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
go for the band with the better singer... trust me.. so in this case option 1 since option 2 doesnt really have a singer
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
obviously first one. Contacts are EVERYTHING. You don't have to be particularly great at your instruments to be famous. I mean, I love 'em but look at AC/DC
Have you tried swinging both ways, if you know what I mean?
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

and also the singer from band 1) is the would be the drummer for band 2) and i think hes gonna quite band1) to join band 2). then band 2 or 1 wouldnt have a singer
Last edited by MalZenen at Aug 8, 2010,
who do you get along with better the band need to be all on the same page not all over the place the 2nd option seems unorginised but you mind know them better and have more fun but its your personal option
Option 1
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by leg end
obviously first one. Contacts are EVERYTHING. You don't have to be particularly great at your instruments to be famous. I mean, I love 'em but look at AC/DC

They are good at their instruments, they're just repetitive.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Do both and if it'S too much just quit the one you enjoy less.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
They are good at their instruments, they're just repetitive.

What do you mean repetitive? They've only got one song.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I'd say the one with the singer, singers can get better, but anytime i've been in a band that was going to 'find a singer later', it's always ended up not happening. I'm sure Slash would tell you the same thing.

Also, could you not hook up with certain members, like the good drummer and the good bassist, etc., or are they very tight units?
Last edited by aaciseric at Aug 8, 2010,
the one with the singer.

the singer is the hardest member to come by and if you have a amateur guitars AND bassist, theres really no point in joining that band because its not going anywhere for a long time.
Stupid question, but what type of music do both bands play? do you both play the same or does one play one thing and then one play the other?

Edit: They both seem the same to me at the moment, but id say band 1 because they have more combined experience over all. Then again, Everyone has to start somewhere, if ya get me.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Sadokun: Eating cardboard never tasted this good!

Quote by Otis Lee Crenshaw
Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus is about as f****** country as a bag of f****** wet mice, alright?
Last edited by Sadokun at Aug 8, 2010,
Join both bands for a bit. Stick to the one you like. How was that not obvious to you?
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

So the second has a good drummer, and nothing else going for them?

I'd go for the first. Unless their music is rubbish.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY