So i want cheap uk broadband who are you all with? I asked virgin about fibre optic but its £38 per month and more expensive without having a phone line. Im looking around about £10-15 pm and fast enough to run xbox and internet surfing at the same time.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
so with fibreoptic..does that mean you will always get 50mb with no variation?

No.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Craigo
You need a phone line to have broadband, you know, and that can cost about a tenner a month.

For virgin you don't they come and install all their own stuff, usually for free in your contract and they don't charge line rental for it as far as I can remember. It's sky et al that require an existing phone line, and usually a BT one which people don't always have.

Virgin are great i'd go with them
Last edited by Zanon at Aug 8, 2010,
I'm with virgin it may be expensive but you get what you pay for, always a good speed.
Quote by Zanon
For virgin you don't they come and install all their own stuff, usually for free in your contract and they don't charge line rental for it as far as I can remember. It's sky et al that require an existing phone line, and usually a BT one which people don't always have.

Virgin are great i'd go with them

Fair enough but are you joking? They've had huge problems in the North of England with people having awful internet.
I would have Virgin but you can't git it where I live
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Quote by Craigo
Fair enough but are you joking? They've had huge problems in the North of England with people having awful internet.

You don;t have to have a phone line so long as where you live is covered by their fibre-optic network. If you don't, then they will offer ADSL, for which you need a phone line.
Orange can cost as little as £7 a month + line rental.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...