hi, my guitar (ibanez RG2550Z) has an edge zero tremolo system on it, this is my first tremolo system, and im finding it hard to use,

i've read the instruction manual, and i've checked on a lot of sites to try and find help on how to use this tremolo system, but have not found anything helpful yet, the kind of stuff i need help on, is how to stop the strings going out of tune by even TINY string bends, my knowledge is very weak with this tremolo system, however i've heard that its meant to be very stable in stopping the strings going out of tune, so i believe i am doing something wrong

does anyone know how to stop the strings going out of tune so easily, or where i can learn more about this tremolo system?
The manual is comprehensive so read it again, but to maintain proper tuning, you may want to stretch the strings well before locking the nut. Push down on the trem as low as it will go and do a few bends on each string, retune (always up to pitch, avoid tuning down), repeat and lock down.
Last edited by KingStill at Aug 8, 2010,
Do you have fresh new strings on it? The Edge ZR should indeed stay in tune excellently so unless you have a new set of strings on it (which of course refuse to stay in tune at all at first ) then there's something wrong with it for sure.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by KingStill
The manual is comprehensive so read it again, but to maintain proper tuning, you may want to stretch the strings well before locking the nut. Push down on the trem as low as it will go and do a few bends on each string, retune (always up to pitch, avoid tuning down), repeat and lock down.

thanks very much, ill try this in about an hour and tell you how it goes