What could this possibly be?

I open the box and...

It's the Marshall MA50H! While I was on a trip to Las Vegas, I was in the middle of searching for a new amp. It needed to be at least 50 watts, and needed to be tube. I went into a Sam Ash there, and the guy showing me around (Dave, great guy) plugged me in in a rehearsal room, and I began my crusade. I started out looking at the Jet City JCA20H, but then he showed me the Marshall MA50, and it was completely mindblowing.

Back panel:

I'm still waiting for my cabinet to come in in a few days, but I'll give you what I can so far about this head.

It has the most gain I have ever heard out of a Marshall, even though it is completely tube-driven. Also a 2 1/2 channel amp, with a clean channel, overdrive channel, and a boosted overdrive channel. Separate EQ and volume controls for the clean and overdrive channel. Has prescence and resonance controls, as well as a built-in reverb tank.

I'll add more once I get mah cabinet.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Nice looking head! I assumed you had a JCA since your the TS of the Thread...

But HNAD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by AxSilentxLine
So how does it compare to the JCA20? I haven't played the MA series yet but it has mixed reviews. HNAD!

I have to admit, the JCA20 had more gain than I expected, especially out of a 20 watt combo amp. With the MA50 though, I really liked that there was a clean channel, overdrive channel, and boosted overdrive. Seems perfect for switching from rhythm to a great solo sound.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
It has the most gain I have ever heard out of a Marshall, even though it is completely tube-driven.

Have you ever played JVM? I think it's probably got more gain.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
I played one in a loud room and no matter how I dialed it in, it just sounded terrible. Maybe I played a lemon. HNAD.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
^ Well how could you dial it in correctly if the room was so loud??

Quote by theogonia777
doh!

glad you like it. what kind of cab are you going to get?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'm getting a Marshall AVT412. I'm getting it used, though.

Quote by theogonia777