ive been lookin for a dirtbox to replace the boston ds100 i have (a really bad ripoff of a really bad pedal) and i still havent decided for real yet

wat pedal actually be good for playing some prog, a bit of mathcore (maybe a bit of modern metal)? :/ i dont want one with too much gain, but i want it to be able to go balls out. ive been digging the crunch box videos, but maybe if it had just a bit more gain it would be perfect.

also, FYI i want to put it in front of the clean channel of my amp, so it cant be a tube-screamer type mixed ODs deal

what do you guys think i should get? im gonna have some cash soon, but try to keep the prices non-expensive
Boss MT Metal Zone series is pretty damn decent for that.

Btw, please do us all a favor and don't call it "Mathcore". Ugh...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

ehh, this isn't gonna be pretty

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Do not get the metalzone. Yet another shitty boss distortion. The Metal Core however, is another story. The ml has sort of a treble very high gain distortion. Similar to what entombed used. Here's an idea of the drive you will get from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkpZ1tPCSJ4
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by AxSilentxLine
If you are going to be putting it front of your clean channel i'd say a Barber Dirty Bomb

This, sounds perfect for you.
Metal zone or Metal muff stay away from the metal core, it only has one sound metallic trebley shit,and you can't adjust the midrange.
Got a dirty bomb recently, amazing pedal. Highly reccomend
Gear:
Fender MIM Strat SD Hot Rails in bridge
SX Thinline Tele
GFS Tuner Pedal
GGG Clean Boost
Barber Dirty Bomb
Boss GE-7
Ibanez SC-10 Chorus
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by RR5Jackson
Metal zone or Metal muff stay away from the metal core, it only has one sound metallic trebley shit,and you can't adjust the midrange.

And the metal zone is a good pedal?
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
You're kidding me with the Metalzone and Core suggestions right? Troll job for sure no? Who even uses those with any degree of seriousness nowadays? It ain't the late 80's anymore. Good high gain amps are fairly affordable now.
^you have no room to call anyone a troll
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx