For 80's metal the JCA20 would be a good choice. I would get a combo over a half stack though. The V55 would probably do pretty well also, again a combo. If you aren't moving your amp a lot then I guess a stack is fine but a combo is much more flexible and also cheaper when you compare vs amp + cab
No B-52 and no MG, please. I haven't played a defender but it's meant to be nice. The JCA20H is very nice, but you might want to get another cab that would suit it better. Never played a Bugera V55, but the V22 I played was a dissapointment.
Quote by britishsligean
you might want to look at a peavey 6505+ 112

I'm somewhat of an advocate of the 6505+ but for 80's metal i'm going to have to disagree this time
^why? Sounds like the 6505 would fit him pretty well.

Would keep looking at the JCA 20. Would also look at Peavey Valveking, Bugera 6260/62, 1990(the v22/55 probably won't have a ton of gain so it might not be great for metal). Maybe a Blackstar HT-5(unless you're gigging)

All the other amps you listed suck, plain and simple
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by handbanana
^why? Sounds like the 6505 would fit him pretty well.

Would keep looking at the JCA 20. Would also look at Peavey Valveking, Bugera 6260/62, 1990(the v22/55 probably won't have a ton of gain so it might not be great for metal). Maybe a Blackstar HT-5(unless you're gigging)

All the other amps you listed suck, plain and simple

Have you even played a 6505? He wants to play 80's metal and classic rock...

Are you familiar with the old robot saying "does not compute?"
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Aug 8, 2010,
Thanks guys. Ive tried the jet city and really like it. I havent tried the v55, but i heard its good. Im going to b gigging,so do u think the combos in those amps would hold just as well as a half stack?
I can also afford a peavey valveking, never tried one though. Out of it and the jet city which do u prefer? I dont think ill go with the v55
Quote by twistedsista521
I can also afford a peavey valveking, never tried one though. Out of it and the jet city which do u prefer?

Oh dear God the Jet City by a mile. Don't buy a Valveking, it's a throwaway amp. Once you get a better one you'd NEVER play it again, trust me on this. Also, I own a 6505+ and it does 80's metal great. Eddie Van Halen used it for crying out loud, how much more 80's metal tone does it get?
I'm pretty sure flash nightmare is a multi
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
so it seems everyone thinks the jet city is a good choice, but i think im going to give the 6505+ a shot. what do u other guys think of it?
Last edited by twistedsista521 at Aug 8, 2010,
Used Peavey Ultra, last I heard it was good for 80's metal.

Used JCM 800.

JCA50
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
+1 for peavey ultra if you can find a good one

but i don't think he has the budget for a JCM800, for a decent one you won't get it for much under $900 at best. although if he could afford it, would be awesome.

What exactly is your budget TS?
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by handbanana
What exactly is your budget TS?

This.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90