Im looking for an amp to gig with and i have limited it down to two.
It is either the Bugera 412H Cabinet for £200 or the Crate Halfstack consisting of the FW120H and FW412A for £300.
the reviews of both cabinets show that the bugera is probably better, but for £100 more i can get a head aswell

what are your opinions?
im looking for an amp that i can play a range of music from indie to metal

and with the cabinet i was considering plugging one of my previous small amps into it
i dont have much
£300 is probably as much as i can go and that means starving myself for a month lol
How about getting a cabinet that doesn't suck?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
lol well you said that you have an amp already? I know it is hard when you're playing with a shitty amp but if you can hold out and save up more you'll thank yourself in the long run. For 500 pounds you could pick up a Bugera combo, JCA of some kind etc
i was thinking bout that but ive got a gig in a couple of weeks so i thought about jsut getting a cabinet now and buying a head later on when i can afford it
but is the bugera good enough?
Quote by guitarnbassman
how about suggesting one?

How about using the searchbar, brainwave?

Harley Benton, since you obviously can't be bothered to help yourself.

The Bugera and Crate are complete wastes of money, regardless of how cheap they are.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^ They're made of crappy wood and have crappy speakers in them.

Those factors will severely limit your resale value.

You'd be better off getting a nicer cab with good speakers that will last you a good while.

Buying used is preferable since somebody else has already taken the initial depreciation in value.

yeah the crate stack is second hand aswell
but ive read a LOT of reviews of the bugera and the all say that with a different head its a very good cabinet
Yeah a 333XL combo for instance is loud enough, versatile enough and good enough tone wise to last you for years. Bubb is right, those cabs are constructed terribly and use bad quality speakers. Don't take it personal though he just had a possible sale fall through and is venting
^ Nah, I just hate it when people come on here and ask a question that Google could have given them in the answer to.

^ Same shit, different pile.

alrgiht then is there ANY cab for around £200 which is good enough for you bubbs or are u just one of those people
If you don't want me to prevent you from making a poor decision, by all means waste your money.

I found this for you using the FIRST Google result that popped up.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_4x12_guitar_cabinets.html

Harley Benton 4x12 for 278 GBP.

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 8, 2010,
^ A previously used version of one of those cabs I just linked you would easily be under 200 pound.

The Bugera cab isn't bad for the price. I actually owned one once and it was built pretty solid and sounded ok. Nothing amazing obviously. I would look into Avatars. They are probably the most affordable well built cabs out there that come to mind right away.
If you get a cab for your Line 6 Spider III (just assuming that's what you have) it'll still sound like arse- just more, bigger arse.

Your only realistic option to get a better tone is to save up for something like a used Laney VC30 or something. £200 isn't going to get you an upgrade.
Quote by Flash Nightmare
The Bugera cab isn't bad for the price. I actually owned one once and it was built pretty solid and sounded ok. Nothing amazing obviously. I would look into Avatars. They are probably the most affordable well built cabs out there that come to mind right away.

He's in the UK.

i might go for the harley bubbs but jw - i have a small marshall amp (cant memba name) and spider 2. if i just plugged one of these into the cab whilst i save up for a head would it still sound okay, or good enough for gigging?
Quote by bubb_tubbs
He's in the UK.

ah ha. Oops. Arn't Marshall cabs fairly affordable over there??
Quote by guitarnbassman
i might go for the harley bubbs but jw - i have a small marshall amp (cant memba name) and spider 2. if i just plugged one of these into the cab whilst i save up for a head would it still sound okay, or good enough for gigging?

Are they combos?

If they are it will sound more or less the same as playing them on their own.

Quote by Flash Nightmare
ah ha. Oops. Arn't Marshall cabs fairly affordable over there??

theres a marshall cab im considering for £200 (pretty damn cheap) but im not sure about having it without a head atm
^^ not really.

If you put your combo on a table or something so it was higher up and projected more, I doubt you'd notice a difference between that and the 4x12.

Quote by guitarnbassman
theres a marshall cab im considering for £200 (pretty damn cheap) but im not sure about having it without a head atm

It NEVER hurts having a cab ready to go. Heads pop up for sale all the time at affordable prices. Cabs here, not so much, or often. Get that cab, especially if it's in good shape.
^ Unless it's an MA or MG cab, in which case it's crap.

A 1960 would be fine though.

hows about this idea guyss
i have a p.a. that has a head and goes out to 2 speakers
if i plugged my guitar into the p.a. head after going through some pedals and then went from the output of this head into a cab, would this be the same as a guitar head and a cab?
Quote by guitarnbassman
hows about this idea guyss
i have a p.a. that has a head and goes out to 2 speakers
if i plugged my guitar into the p.a. head after going through some pedals and then went from the output of this head into a cab, would this be the same as a guitar head and a cab?

i say no.

Quote by guitarnbassman
and would u say the harley benton is good for metal?

no idea, i haven't tried one.

Can we get a used Laney cost aficiando in here?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ Unless it's an MA or MG cab, in which case it's crap.

A 1960 would be fine though.

Yes, for sure. I just assumed that was known and that's what he was refering too (1960 or better) MA and MG cabs don't even count to me, they arn't even true Marshall cabs either are they? Made by Park electronics or something like that.