I have a prs se singlecut with stock pickups and a vox vt15 amp.Can anyone tell me if a zvex fuzz factory would work well with my gear?
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks.
Quote by pmk1995
I have a prs se singlecut with stock pickups and a vox vt15 amp.Can anyone tell me if a zvex fuzz factory would work well with my gear?
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks.

Using a pedal that's more expensive than your amp isn't always a great idea, but it will probably sound good and fill a niche that your amp doesn't have.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Using a pedal that's more expensive than your amp isn't always a great idea, but it will probably sound good and fill a niche that your amp doesn't have.

I don't think I've ever heard worse advice. I have a $3k amp and and another that costs $2k. So, I shouldn't buy any pedals that cost more than my amp? Do you realize that Clapton and others have recorded with some of the cheapest amps out there? Also, they've used some of the cheapest guitars. The cost of your pedal relative to the amp is a moot.

It's not the cost of the equipment that matters, it's how it's used in the hands of the artist that plays it.

I'd sure like to hear your advice regarding the cost of the guitar compared to the cost of the cable and the amp it plugs into.
Ok, am I the only one who realized/read that he wants to put this pedal in front of a Vox vt series amp? How is that going to sound good?
Originally Posted by Flash Nightmare
Ok, am I the only one who realized/read that he wants to put this pedal in front of a Vox vt series amp? How is that going to sound good?

+1
Pedals like the Fuzz Factory work far better with tube distortion. I get the feeling you're a Museaholic?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
+1
Pedals like the Fuzz Factory work far better with tube distortion. I get the feeling you're a Museaholic?

Glad somebody else said something. That pedal just isn't going to sound good in front of that amp. It's almost a complete waste of money I would think. I mean, I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Maybe it would work on one of the clean models? I just don't know.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Do you realize that Clapton and others have recorded with some of the cheapest amps out there? Also, they've used some of the cheapest guitars.

Since when?

In his early years, he used a Gibson SG into a Marshall.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Since when?

In his early years, he used a Gibson SG into a Marshall.

Not exactly cheap gear there.