Hey Guys, heres the latest in my song-a-week project.

Click Here to Listen

Its a very rough mix, will be able to do a proper mix in the next few days! All thoughts welcome

Dave

Chasing Clocks
Im most alone in the crowds
Chasing shadows and city clocks,
And Boy these days linger
And these weeks get so lost

Here live the lonliest people,
In the busiest of place
And the most self-assured
Are the ones with no grace

Goodbye seems such a cruel term
But my hearts never here
Goodbye seems such a cruel term,
But I’m gone without a tear

The sky is never dark here,
And silence is never close
And those who’ve nothing to say
Are the ones that talk the most
Last edited by davilazita at Aug 8, 2010,
Like the guitar sound. The vocals are too high in the mix though. No crazy about the four-on-the-floor kick, it seems to rob the song of some of the feel that the first verse establishes.

I know this is a rough mix but you have some editing to do (removing some noise during silent sections, etc.), you need to automate some EQ changes to keep the overall feel of the track the same even when only the guitar is playing (it becomes very thin at 2:04 and listen to the awkward transition from 3:10-3:15 but a simple volume and EQ automation will fix that), and tame the reverb on the backing vocals and toms a bit.

Cool idea to do a song a week though. I do notice that your structure tends to be the same and that the previous entries sound a lot like the rough mix of the current track (although your vocal sound is a lot better than that on Beating drums and you've manage to rid yourself of that horrible hiss).
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Thanks mate, I get some of the most useful feedback from you, really appreicate it.

I'll have a little play with kick patterns, see if I can find something I prefer. I think there a bit too thumpy in any case at the moment for the style of song, I played it live acousticly on friday and I tihnk I prefered in when it was just two guitars but I'll have to see.

When you say the vocals are too high in the mix do you mean in terms of frequency of loudness?

Let me know if I can repay the favour, or if you want me to check out any of your tunes.

Many thanks

Dave
I don't have crits, Just came here to say I really liked the song, and I actually felt that the kick worked well, it gave it some rhythm and umph in the faster sections.
Quote by davilazita
When you say the vocals are too high in the mix do you mean in terms of frequency of loudness?

Loudness. If anything you could use a low cut to combat a little proximity effect you have going (although it's not a bad fit for your voice).
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News