I really like the Acoustic 360 fuzz setting on Amplitube 3, and if it's anything like the real amp, I want it. Thing is, the amps seem fairly rare since none are on ebay or craigslist, so I have no idea how much they cost, so is there a way I can get that sound with something else?
As I recall, it is pretty close to the real thing. There was a time when the Acoustic 360 stack was THE bass amp to have, and many of the greats in the 70s used them. If you want a real one, you're going to have to shell out a lot of cash. People hang onto the originals, and on top of that (no pun intended) you'll have to buy the whole stack. The Acoustic 360 was actually just a preamp. The 200-watt power amp was located inside the speaker cabinet.
Attachments:
acoustic_360_Stack.GIF
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Aug 8, 2010,
Quote by FatalGear41
As I recall, it is pretty close to the real thing. There was a time when the Acoustic 360 stack was THE bass amp to have, and many of the greats in the used them. If you want a real one, you're going to have to shell out a lot of cash. People hang onto the originals, and on top of that (no pun intended) you'll have to buy the whole stack. The Acoustic 360 was actually just a preamp. The 200-watt power amp was located inside the speaker cabinet.

Wouldn't it be possible to plug the output of one into the FX return on my amp, just using the power amp of the (new) acoustic while using the preamp of the (old) acoustic?
I don't see why not. I don't know how it would sound, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Alex Vik
Wouldn't it be possible to plug the output of one into the FX return on my amp, just using the power amp of the (new) acoustic while using the preamp of the (old) acoustic?

Many people use the 360 heads with other power amps or slave amps. The 360 is a great preamp and sounds pretty awesome with just about any decent poweramp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.